Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is Femseven suitable for perimenopause?  (Read 2751 times)

Minny

Is Femseven suitable for perimenopause?
« on: January 30, 2016, 01:25:59 PM »

Hi there, 

I am new to this forum, so glad I found it.

I went to see my GP on Thursday armed with lots of information that I had found from this site.  I think I have probably perimenopausal for about a year maybe longer.  My periods last year went to every two months and now haven't had one for three months.  I have been having lost of painful facial flushes and hot at night, increased anxiety, and terrible joint pain.  What led me to finding this site was I was having persistent period like pain but no period!  Ironically I have never really suffered badly from period pains.

Anyway my GP agreed that this was likely perimenopause but she wanted to research what I had been asking for which was separate oestrogen and progesterone (Utrogesterone)?  She hadn't heard of this.  My GP has just phoned me back today and has suggested Femseven as she thinks this is more straightforward than what I was asking for.  So I have agreed to try this and can collect prescription Monday or Tuesday.  After coming off the phone from her I Googled it straight away - as you do!  I am a bit confused.  Is it suitable for perimenopause?  Do you have a bleed whilst on it?  And finally any success stories please?

Sorry for so many questions.  Thank you so much in advance for any advice that can be offered.

Minny

Ps she did say at first that I could try Sandrena Gel and the Utrogestan (sorry if i have spelt that wrongly) but thought it was a bit complicated and also she thought femseven had less side effects

dazned

Re: Is Femseven suitable for perimenopause?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 01:29:05 PM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

Depends whether she has perscribed femseven conti or sequential hrt ??

Minny

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 03:07:56 PM »

I am hoping/thinking it's the sequential one. I think she mentioned that on Thursday.

Thanks
Minny

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 04:04:43 PM »

Hi Minny

:welcomemm:

This is typical of many doctors Minny - as more and more women become knowledgeable about the different types of HRT, notably through the information on this website, they are often ahead of their doctors who, as general practitioners often lag behind in their knowledge.

There is nothing at all complicated about gel and utrogestan though! The standard dosage is given on this site (top tabs - Treatments/HRT preparations) which you could print off for your doc if you decide you would like to try. However you may well be fine on Femseven sequi ( if that's what you've been given).

She can't possibly say what side effects you are more or less likely to experience as we all react differently! Some women do not get on with any synthetic progestogen although many women thrive on all of these HRT types, otherwise they would not still be available.  Utrogestan has different side effects - but again not everyone experiences them.

Hopefully you will feel much better once you start the HRT and are settled on it. Do try to give it three months at least before deciding whether it is the one for you.

Good luck and keep us posted :)

Hurdity x

Minny

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 10:17:15 PM »

Thank you so much for replying Hurdity, fingers crossed I'll be ok with the Femseven.  I will look into the treatment section you suggested and print it off just in case.

Thanks again

Minny
X

Peterspots

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 10:21:38 PM »

May I ask how your painful facial flushes feel?

Minny

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 09:39:11 AM »

Hi EnglishRose,

I had a really bad one yesterday!  It is like I have been sat in the sun all day with no factor on.  The heat is coming from inside though if that makes sense.  I look like a tomato! 

I first saw my Dr about this about 2 year ago, maybe more.  And was prescribed Rosex for Rosacea!  It did nothing because it isn't Rosacea!!!!!  I was prescribed Clonidine which helps a little bit.  It really is awful and quite embarrassing when it happens. 

Hope that helps

Minny
x