Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Just started HRT - what should I expect???  (Read 1699 times)

Suecee1958

Just started HRT - what should I expect???
« on: February 08, 2016, 04:38:10 PM »

Hi - started HRT one week ago (Femseven Conti patches).  I'm post-menopausal and one of the main reasons for starting HRT was awful anxiety as well as hot flushes, sleeplessness, brain fog etc etc.

How do I feel 7 days in?  Well have had a few days with no anxiety at all - my mind was clear and I wasn't obsessing how I was feeling at all which was fantastic!

I changed the patch today as it was the 7th day - today I feel tired, have a slight headache and also a bit lightheaded.

I hope that this is normal and that I am not expecting too much as it's only 7 days since I started this journey.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts!

Tessa9

Re: Just started HRT - what should I expect???
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 05:03:27 PM »

Hi, I started Femoston conti 4 weeks ago.  Basically for the same reasons as you, lack of sleep, hot flushes etc.
I had to return to Dr as slight bleed started, which appears to be very common on this website.

I also felt lightheaded....but that was nothing as the dreaded thrush appeared as well! The doctor seemed more concerned with feeling lightheaded though.

Have been told to go back to female doctor for full examination. Wanted HRT to feel "normal " not sure it has worked, hopefully it will for you

Taz2

Re: Just started HRT - what should I expect???
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 05:20:29 PM »

Hi Suecee - It could be that you would have felt tired with a headache anyway and that changing the patch is nothing to do with it. It's always so difficult to know.

It's good that you have had a good few days. It takes three months approximately to see if a particular HRT suits you so I would say carry on and hopefully today is just a blip!

Taz x  :welcomemm: