Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling ill  (Read 7196 times)

Smokey

Feeling ill
« on: January 31, 2016, 04:27:13 PM »

Feel so bad at the moment indigestion heartburn/gallstones memo coming of ads with nausea shoulder and arm ach major dry eyes and don't forget the ms!

I'm trying to get doc app next week but have to ring up at 8am to grab an appointment with someone! If I'm lucky I'm getting indigestion after eating fatty food so I've gone almost fat free. But still get it I've cut sugar down to nearly none in case it's gallstones but still get pain in stomach at side and arm and back / shoulder still hurts most of the time get nausea at breakfast which continues most of the day. Any thoughts welcome.

babyjane

Re: Feeling ill
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 04:56:44 PM »

no real thoughts or ideas smokey but I can, and do, send (((hugs))) to you

countrybumpkin

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 04:59:27 PM »

IF its your gallstones then the low fat diet would hopefully calm it down after a few days. Sugar would not have any effect on your gallstone symptoms.  If you have had gallbladder attack in the past you will know if this pain is the same as you have had before.

Coming off AD's can play merrry havoc with your digestion just as it can when people first take them. Gastric side effects are the number one complaint for these drugs.

Have you taken anything for the heartburn life gaviscon or over the counter zantac to see if this helps?

Hope you get an appt, have a list of symptoms if you think you might forget something, I find this helps me.

losttheplot

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 05:07:32 PM »

I lived off steamed chicken, boiled potatoes,  tin tuna and plain rice when my gb symptoms were bad. Hope you feel better soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 05:39:49 PM »

:bighug:

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 05:43:29 PM »

:bighug: Smokey.

coldethyl

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 05:47:48 PM »

sorry you feel so rubbish. Seems to be par for the course. xx

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 08:15:24 PM »

Sorry you are feeling so horrible Smokey - which side is the pain?

Taz x

Smokey

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 09:10:44 PM »

Thanks for you heartwarming replies.

Taz the pain is mainly r side of stumach under rib cage and changes from there to under breastbone haven't got much appetite but am eating small amounts, today I've had ricecrispies for breakfast, plain roast chicken sandwich for dinner a couple of low fat low sugar ginger biscuits mid afternoon followed by small piece of steak with plain veg and new pots for tea, and now just had a mini portion of shredded wheat. I woke up dizzy Wednesday night and panicky if I didn't know better I would have thought hormones, but I've no hot flushes, I'm dreading tonight I case I wake up and it happens again, also I was watching tv and suddenly felt hot and strange just like hormones again.

I feel so sick in the mornings and have to force myself to eat breakfast,

Thanks again everyone, roll on tomorrow x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 09:13:16 PM »

Try Dextrose tablets?  Energy without having to eat much.  Also maybe have a light snack before bed?  Dry crackers.  A banana?

orchid

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2016, 09:26:39 PM »

Hi Smokey I get biliary colic but don't have gallstones. I get the right sided pain under ribs referred to shoulder. What I found best to ease it was either camomile tea, warm apple juice or watered down apple cider vinegar. Then lie on your left side in bed and rest. Hope this helps!

wombat62

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 10:55:46 AM »

Hi Smokey

Sorry to hear you're having possible gallstone problems, you have my sympathies from one who knows!

When I get my attacks the pain is middle to left but right hand side to back is likely to be gallstone twinges.

I researched the web and took advice from other ladies here and keeping to less than 5 gms of fat per meal. It's not easy but scales and my diet diary are now my best friends!

Keep as fat free as possible, plenty of beetroot and cucumber and I also take a spoonful of apple cider vinegar (organic with "the mother") in beetroot and apple juice a day. If you get an attack try more apple juice and a heat pack.

One doctor also gave me a 30 day course of PPI's to help with any reflux and just in case I had a ulcer as well. He also gave me some anti-nausea tablets as I usually feel sick all day after an attack, fortunately I haven't had to use them but apparently they are amazing if you do need one.

Hope you get an appointment soon and they can give you something to help.

Smokey

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »

Hi thanks for the advice Wombat and everyone else.

Didn't get dizziness in night however I went to sleep ok still bruised feeling tummy but pain had dulled down but still felt queasy but woke up at 1am and couldn't sleep again until 4am kept feeling too warm so quilt on and off but not being goosey one minute and roasting the next, I never really had much in the way of hot flushes with menopause and am wondering if some of it is night sweats starting.

Was woken up at 6am as husband went to work then slept till alarm 7.45 as I had to ring doctors at 8 to get appointment took 15 mins to get through but I could have dozed of waiting, managed to get appointment with lady doc at 3.50 this afternoon I got double appointment and will ask if she thinks I should increase my Hrt to see if this resolves some of my symptoms as I'm on the patch this should kick in quite quickly. I'm off to make a list to take too x

Ju Ju

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 03:07:48 PM »

All the best, Smokey.

Smokey

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 03:22:09 PM »

Hi

Ok had doc appt a new doc I think was only about 25? She was very nice if a little inexperienced but didn't hurry at all, kept checking her book and the computer.

She didn't seem to concerned about the side effects of coming of the ads! She did check breasts as I said one was sore, their ok examined stomach etc after asking lots of questions, of course it didn't hurt then as few hours had passed since eaten and had taken 2 paracetamol as well.

She didn't seem to think the gallbladder felt too bad but said she could refer me for op if I wanted, I've decided to play it by ear and see how I am during next couple of weeks.

Heartburn - she has prescribed me a higher dose of The Omeprozale I take before breakfast to see if that helps.

She can't give me anti nausea tablet as not allowed as I have enzymes in last blood test.

She has prescribed Neurophen gel for my aching arm shoulder etc, but didn't examin it!

I asked about increase in patches in case part of problem is hormonal, she went out of room to ask another doctor but could find anyone! I told her who I normally see and so said she'd speak to her later and ring me at home. She did but the higher dose doesn't come in the same preparation so must see you to discuss changing it.

My ms symptoms are always worse the week before my period ie now and am wondering as that is when I'm on the prog part Northenstone if that is what's making it worse, so don't want to rush into Mirena coil just yet just in case!  Still feel nausea and a bit off balance anyhow surgery isn't ready to provide that yet as sorting out a separate department solely for mirena Coil.

My brain feels really drained and memory worse and can't focus especially as I have a new iPhone 6 can't even think about that at the moment!  Oh blood pressure ok Lowish I think but not to low.

Still feel like I've got a bug, when I get gallstone pain I'm to take paracetamol ,. I think that's it we were in with her 1 hour!!!

My mood is up and down but then period due so I guess it would be!

Thanks everyone I will let you know how I'm getting on as I go.

Ann x
Pages: [1] 2