Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding after weekly patch change FEMSEVEN CONTI  (Read 3047 times)

Sparklet

Bleeding after weekly patch change FEMSEVEN CONTI
« on: January 31, 2016, 02:30:50 PM »

Just wondered if anyone has experienced a light bleed a day or so after changing their patch? I have been using Femseven Conti for the past 2 years with no problems until recently. For the first time I forgot to change the patch on the normal day and did so 2 days later. Since then every time I put a new patch on I get a small bleed and a period type ache. I am 60 and have been on some form of HRT for about 15 years, can't stand the thought of coming off it and all the post menopausal investigations. Any thoughts, much appreciated.

Taz2

Re: Bleeding after weekly patch change FEMSEVEN CONTI
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 08:32:27 PM »

Hi Sparklet - if you were younger than I would think that it was the slight drop in progesterone due to the late patch change which would cause this (it's the withdrawal of progesterone which triggers a bleed) but I'm not sure why it would now be happening each time. I appreciate that you don't want all of the fuss of investigations etc. but if it were me I would get it checked out. Although it's probably nothing to worry about it's really not worth taking the risk to be honest.

Someone else will be along soon I'm sure with more advice.

Taz xx  :hug:

Sparklet

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 09:00:43 AM »

Thankyou Taz2

Just trying to put off the inevitable, going to ring for GP appointment this morning. Will post what happens.x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 10:38:13 AM »

I hope it goes ok. It's probably just a blip. I look forward to your "what happened" post!

Taz x

Sparklet

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 11:55:08 AM »

Hi there

Just managed to see my GP who gave me an internal and all looked well apart from a small cyst on my cervix which she said is not the cause or anything to worry about. She said that guidelines for this County states that they can only refer a patient with an abnormal bleed for further investigations if they have been free of HRT for 6 weeks as it wouldn't be a true representation of the state of the womb lining. They also need to see if the bleeding continues in any form.So now I have to face the dreaded possibilty of night sweats and lack of sleep again. She did agree that it was obviously a cyclical thing and is probably related to the HRT, but why should it happen after 18months without problem? Came home and took my patch off, now regretting it. Will keep you updated.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 05:50:50 PM »

Hi Sparklet

I had the same thing ie an abnormal bleed/spotting a couple of years ago and was told the same by my doc ie they would only investigate if I had been off HRT for 6 weeks and then still had the symptoms. However this advice varies from region to region and in Scotland it's different - or at least where Dr Currie's practice is in Dumfries Trust - so I had an e-mail consultation from her ( cost £25 ) and took her response back to the surgery - to a different doc - and she referred me on to see a gynae on the basis of this - and I didn't have to stop HRT. However your trust may feel they need to stick rigidly to their guidelines?

Hurdity x