Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Having a rough time  (Read 2012 times)

Rocket Queen

Having a rough time
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:44:09 PM »

As I mentioned in my post in New Members earlier today prior to finding this site I had no knowledge of the complexities of HRT. 

My GP would ask me if I was still having periods and I was, regular ones too, up until January 2014 aged nearly 57.   Prior to that I had not experienced any obvious peri menopause symptoms except that I would get hot maybe once or twice a day but certainly not hot to the point of being drenched in sweat.  I also found my finger joints ached in the mornings but that was all.

I have been seeing my GP on a fairly regular basis with depression and in the past two years or so have thought my anti depressants were not working so well as I had been having mood swings and feeling pretty down at times.  I was having a rubbish time at work so thought this was affecting me too.   At no time did my GP mention it could be my hormones or that I could start HRT then.

I was given Femostan Conti 1/5 in September 15, then Elleste Duet 5mg which I battled with until last week.  I then tried a Femseven patch which only lasted 22 hours - it came loose in the bath so in desperation I got an appointment with the duty doctor as my GP was on leave on Wednesday last week and she prescribed Angeliq.   Early days I know but my breasts which were so swollen and tender appear to have returned to their pre HRT state and today is the first day in a long time I have not been a crying mess.   I am at present off work with "stress" but it's actually because my manager is a dickhead who has no social skills at all and I have been worn down by it over the months.

From my limited knowledge of all things HRT I think I may possibly need a bit higher dose of Estradiol as I am only on 1mg at the moment.  I also think Progesterone does not agree with me so if I went on a regime of Estradiol separately I wonder if there is a separate form of Drospirenone available?

Any advice would be great!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Having a rough time
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:08:21 PM »

I'm sure that someone will be around with an answer >wave<

It really can be Trial and Error!

Dancinggirl

Re: Having a rough time
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 11:48:04 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM Rocket Queen
I'd try some Oestrogel with separate a progesterone in pill form, like Provera or Utrogestan, as this may suit you better - try this in a sequi version first to see if the progesterone suits you (having a monthly bleed is a nuisance but many women prefer this regime to avoid using too much progesterone).  Switch to continuous if you feel OK on that progesterone and the bleeds will eventually stop completely.  The Oestrogel allows you to control dosage so you could start with one pump per day for a few weeks and then increase if you need to after that - one tends to need less oestrogen with transdermal use. Oestrogel in applied daily to the inner thighs and is a very efficient way to deliver oestrogen.  Keep us posted.  DG x