Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sandrena/Oestrogel is there any difference?  (Read 7665 times)

Chi chi

Sandrena/Oestrogel is there any difference?
« on: February 01, 2016, 09:36:29 AM »

I've recently been using Sandrena 1mg sachets 4 per day as prescribed by Dr Evans when i saw her, prior to this I've always used Oestrogel (4 pumps).
Are there any differences between them as I feel the Sandrena seems more potent in some way? My boobs are really tender and swollen, I don't think the Sandrena has caused the tenderness as I had it just before I started but could it be making it worse? I had swelling while using Oestrogel but never any tenderness.

Hurdity

Re: Sandrena/Oestrogel is there any difference?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »

Sandrena (1 mg) is more concentrated than oestrogel as I remember - will just go and look it up....

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 11:35:49 AM »

OK here's the info:

1 sachet of Sandrena contains 1 g gel which contains 1 mg estradiol (1 % concentration)
Actual amount of estradiol spread onto your skin from 4 sachets of Sandrena = 4 mg (in 4 g gel)

1 pump of oestrogel is 1.25 g gel which contains 0.75 mg estradiol - so lower concentration.
Actual amount of estradiol from 4 pumps of oestrogel = 3 mg (in 5 g gel)

You are right - you are spreading less gel on with the Sandrena than 4 pumps of oestrogel, and getting a third more estradiol.

This doesn't take into account drying time or how you spread it but other things being equal this could account for the symptoms of higher oestrogen you are experiencing with the Sandrena.

Hurdity x

Chi chi

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 01:27:26 PM »

Thanks so much Hurdity, your always so helpful and knowledgable  :)
So to get the same amount of oestrogel (4 pumps) I need to drop to just 3 sachets then.

I knew something felt different  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 05:15:10 PM »

Exactly - but the amount absorbed my vary slightly depending how you spread the gel but presumably not enough to make much difference. However there must have been a reason for Dr Annie to prescribe 4 sachets though?

Hurdity x

Chi chi

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:08:53 PM »

She didn't actually prescribe 4 only 2 while I was taking Qlaira. When I stopped the Qlaira and decided to just go back to what I was on previously which was 4 pumps of Oestrogel I just presumed it would be 4 sachets of Sandrena  ???