Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Dry mouth  (Read 2385 times)

Debs1

Dry mouth
« on: January 31, 2016, 03:10:10 PM »

after 2yrs of telling my docs I think I could be peri and getting laughed at I finally found a doc willing to do blood tests...turns out I was right...my main problem at the minute is dry mouth...does anyone else suffer from this and is there anything I can do to help it...thanks

babyjane

Re: Dry mouth
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 04:43:19 PM »

yes I do, very much, especially at night. I don't know what causes it but sometimes it is so bad my tongue feels glued to the roof of my mouth.  Other times it is not so bad. I try to keep hydrated and I always have water beside  my bed.  I am a mouth breather at night so I don't think that helps.

Briony

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 11:09:06 PM »

Me too! I get a foul taste in my mouth too which I hate, especially just before a period.

Who'd be a woman!

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 09:53:42 AM »

Sparky do you also have dry eyes?  If so have you been checked for Sjogren's syndrome? It's autoimmune and its rare but I was checked as I have other autoimmune factors going on.

coldethyl

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 10:05:37 AM »

I get vile tastes in my mouth unrelated to teeth, us use or any known infection. Quite often coupled with nausea - the only other time I had this was in early pregnancy so guessing it is hormonal.