Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Help with hrt  (Read 9347 times)

Keepgoing

Re: Help with hrt
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 01:37:55 AM »

Thanks robotwars...will post how I get on as you never know may help someone else who is struggling xx

Keepgoing

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 10:20:50 PM »

2nd Update

2 weeks on estrogel 2 pumps I'm feeling more settled night sweats almost gone and all over body itch very infrequent now, head also feels clearer and not so on edge. Best of all no side effects 😀 Have just started utrogestan tonight 200mg which I'm taking orally see how this goes...I'm hoping this will be fine also...will let you know, but defo a thumbs up for the estrogel xx

Peterspots

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 08:47:38 AM »

How are you getting on?

Keepgoing

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 01:19:34 PM »

English rose I'm getting on fine I feel a bit more like myself at the moment xx

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 03:09:50 PM »

Thanks for the update Keepgoing and glad you are feeling better - good luck with the utrogestan.

Hurdity :) x

Keepgoing

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 11:59:44 PM »

Trying the utrogestan vaginally now as I have had the runs for 2 days taking them orally...no headaches, nausea or tiredness so far fingers crossed taking vaginally will sort the tummy out xx

Keepgoing

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 12:15:21 AM »

Meant to say only taking 100mg vaginally is that ok? Took 200mg orally x

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 12:50:35 PM »

Hi Keepgoing

The licensed dose of utrogestan in UK is 200 mg orally for 12 days per 28 day cycle.

The French instructions for this product suggest vaginal route for those experiencing adverse side effects from oral use (nausea, dizziness) but does not suggest a reduced dose.

Used vaginally the progesterone goes straight to the uterus where it is needed to protect the lining - avoiding digestion and metabolism through the liver. Some research has shown also that systemic concentrations are higher for a given dose of Utrogestan when used vaginally than used orally, and therefore that lower doses of progesterone are needed than through oral use. Half the dose has been suggested.

I use 200 mg vaginally for 12/13 days every 5-8 week cycle and this has always been OK for me. My womb lining has always been fine on this on the occasions that I have had to have scans.

However all our bodies are different and I can't say what will be right for you I will leave you to decide for yourself having given you the information! It depends on your body - how much oestrogen you are absorbing from your HRT, whether you a peri-menopausal and how much of your own oestrogen you have, whether you are ovulating (in which case you will also have your own progesterone), whether you have fibroids or polyps which could cause additional bleeding etc. My understanding is that duration of dose is as important as actual dose because the progesterone changes the structure of the endometrium and then it is shed when the progesterone is withdrawn. There needs to be sufficient time for the structure to change as well as a high enough dose but this is not a precise science and what is fine for one women may not be enough for another!

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Keepgoing

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 01:51:55 PM »

Thanks hurdity I am peri so I'm just gonna try the 100mg just now as I couldn't stomach 200mg as I took them orally has really upset my stomach so hoping vaginally will be better and al see what my bleed is like...was feeling so good on just the gel...will I feel better as I get used to the utrogestan??  If not is there a different prog I could take alongside the gel?? Xx

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 03:03:22 PM »

Thereis also Provera - listed here - but it's a synthetic one. http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php The others such as Dydrogesterone (in Femoston) are not available separately as part of HRT, even though many women would prefer to try something different.

Hurdity x

Keepgoing

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 05:12:54 PM »

Thanks again hurdity al see how I do with vaginal route as I think stomach still upset taking them orally as its only been a day so prob take longer to get out my gut...so hoping this works xx

Keepgoing

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2016, 02:00:28 AM »

Day 7 on utrogestan and really struggling with nausea not really a nauseous feeling in stomach it's at back of my throat and the runs every morning for just first thing, I don't really have any other symptoms...the nausea eases about 8pm and then i have to take utrogestan at 9 so an hours respite...I could handle any other symptoms but not the nausea...can anyone tell me will this get better each month or is this just not for me, I'm only taking 100mg vaginally cause I can't stomach it and that's a real shame cause I feel so good on the 2 pumps of estrogel my confidence was coming back and that's just after 2 weeks...aches and pains gone, all over body itch gone and hair getting lovely and soft again and not like brittle straw...am beginning to despair of having to give up on hrt cause of prog...but my body really needs the estrogel and really good for my mental health as I lost it 2 years ago and am now realising this was the start of peri for me. Really disappointed at the moment xx

Keepgoing

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2016, 03:20:57 PM »

Well what a difference a day makes no nausea today 😀 Just feeling hot but can cope with that hope this up continues...sorry for moaning last night was just so peed off xx

Kathleen

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2016, 06:13:33 PM »

Hello keepgoing.

Many thanks for the updates and no need to apologise for moaning, we all do!
Hopefully your regime continues to go well.

Take care.

K.

lisa789

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2016, 07:41:21 PM »

Glad to hear that you're feeling better and well done for sticking it out when you felt so bad.

I've read your posts with interest as I've just had a bad experience with a synthetic progesterone - norethisterone. I've been given 200mg of Utrogestan for days 15-26 to take orally. Not got my prescription yet so I'm hoping its 100mg capsules in case 200 is too strong. I'm currently day 2 of my cycle and feeling anxious about trying the Utrogestan after the last progesterone made me so ill. I couldn't eat, felt like I was going mad and had panic attacks.

I hope you continue to do well with your treatment. Good luck xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3