Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: High or low?  (Read 4479 times)

Hurdity

Re: High or low?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »

Also there is the transfer issue (from gel) if you have skin to skin contact with your children!

Hurdity x

Lizab

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 04:45:52 PM »

That was my concern, Hurdity. I assumed that once it's dry, it it isn't as much of a concern, but regardless, not a good fit for my lifestyle right now.

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 06:05:22 PM »

The instructions state that skin to skin contact should not take place until after an hour has passed - so if you wanted to use it in the morning with young children (or pets) - you would have to wait for it to dry and then cover the area with clothing, and you would be fine. In the evening you would have to make sure it wasn't anywhere where you would have contact with a partner. The way it works is that it is absorbed into the skin and then gradually diffuses form there into the blood stream - but it could equally diffuse onto someone else's skin too, until it has been properly absorbed - so I have read.

Hurdity x

Lizab

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 12:44:59 AM »

I called to request an up dosage and to my surprise, he granted it without further question. Tonight is patch change night anyway so I'm trying with a new .50 patch. I start another course of progesterone this weekend so if the increased estrogen causes side effects then hopefully the progesterone will offset it and I'll adapt by the time I finish that.

Today hasn't been the best day, and last night was weird as well, but not so bad as to make me lose my will to even try like I was pre-hrt. But it's not even 9pm here, the children are not yet asleep, and I can hardly keep my eyes open. Here's hoping this little estrogen bump will be the magic potion for me!
Pages: 1 [2]