Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Question Please Ladies  (Read 2059 times)

libby1

Question Please Ladies
« on: January 29, 2016, 11:07:44 AM »

Hi Girls

My last period was 8 months ago. Then last week I had a tiny bit of spotting. Does this count as another bleed? Do I need to start counting again? If that makes sense  ::)

Libby
x

Tinkerbell

Re: Question Please Ladies
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 12:47:59 PM »

Think so, the same has happened to me.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »

Hi libby1

Just wondering why you are counting ie does it matter? I would have said a bit of spotting is neither here nor there and if you are not taking HRT and don't plan to then I presume you will want to know at what point bleeding is counted as post-menopausal so you will want to know the date of your last period? Therefore on the grounds of erring on the side of caution I would discount it and if you get another episode of spotting/bleeding, say, more than 12 months after your last period - I would pop along to the doc and let them decide whether to refer you for a scan.

If you plan to take HRT - then it doesn't matter at all - except just keep a note of it so you can remember what was happening if you look back.

Hurdity  x

libby1

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 06:37:59 PM »

No, it doesn't matter. I'm just keeping an eye on myself in relation to symptoms of peri etc  I did have a drop in symptoms so I thought that was it but obviously not  :(

Libby
x