Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Nervous newbie on first day of Elleste Duet 1mg Gulp!  (Read 6634 times)

Sooby

Nervous newbie on first day of Elleste Duet 1mg Gulp!
« on: January 27, 2016, 04:52:21 PM »

Hi All,

I have been reading this forum for some time and your shared experiences convinced me to return to my GP one more time to request a trial treatment for perimenopause. The fact that I had been taking Black Cohosh which had alleviated some physical symptoms convinced him that my diagnosis my be right despite my blood tests not indicating menopause. 

I took my first tab this afternoon and have been really worried about the possibility of headaches, nausia or tearfulness affecting me at work as I have recently started a new job. I realise that my worries are actually a symptom of peri but just wanted some advice.

I work mornings so had planned to take my tab after work and food. Is this a good idea or should I take it before bed?

I have ordered some queasy drops from Purple Turtle to help with any feelings of sickness which should arrive in a day or so. Any other tips for this?

I am trying to eat slow release energy foods in an evening to prevent the dreadful feelings of anxiety which flood my head in the early hours of the morning. Though I find these feelings less disturbing now that this forum has helped me to understand why I have them and that they are not "real"

If any of you have any tips or advice or want to direct me to a previous thread that would be great.

Thank you all So so much for all your time and wisdom shared on this sanity saving site. :)

Dancinggirl

Re: Nervous newbie on first day of Elleste Duet 1mg Gulp!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:36:07 PM »

Hi and welcome - sometimes we really shouldn't read the leaflets that come with drugs - HRT leaflets are so full of the horrors. I hope you've been given the sequi version? Relax and enjoy the benefits - many women do extremely well on Elleste so don't look for problems - I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised how good you feel in about 2-3 weeks.  DG x

dazned

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 07:01:32 PM »

I used ellestte dut successfully for 5/6 years no side effects. Try to think positively else worrying about the possible side effects else you could make yourself have them  ;)
Remember thousands of women use hrt its only a few like us here that have a more difficult time. Good thoughts to you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 08:27:08 PM »

:welcomemm:  I never read the inserts until I have a symptom  ::).

Let us know how you get on!  Blood tests 4 menopause are reliably un-reliable!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 12:16:31 PM »

You'll probably find you are sleeping better in a week or so  - better sleep means more energy and this will lift the mood etc.
Do take some Vitamin D - at this time of year we tend to be low on this vital vitamin due to the lack of sunshine so it's worth taking this as a supplement in winter as there are few food sources that will give enough.
Fatigue, low immunity, low mood are all signs of a lack of vitamin D.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 03:08:17 PM »

Hi Sooby

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 04:47:49 PM »

Vit D wouldn't Cross Himself's mind either: however:  :bed:

pricey

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 08:51:42 PM »

Hi Sooby,

I've not posted for a while as I wanted to see how things panned out. I've been taking Elleste Duet 1mg for about 6 weeks now. I was really nervous about it and looked for every side effect! Truth is, apart from feeling a bit headachey and bloated for the first few days, I have felt so much better! I have been sleeping better than I have for months and the strange sleep disturbances and panics I was having nightly have stopped. I've had no flushes and the breast tenderness has gone. I didn't experience spotting and although I had a tiny bleed at about 20 days (when I often start my period) the hormones seemed to override it and my period didn't start until day 31. It lasted 5 days and was lighter than usual. I dreaded the green norethisterone tablets as I know lots of ladies have problems with this. I must confess I do feel a little weepy when I'm on them, but that's not unusual for me lately anyway. The only downside is the terribly dry mouth and throat I've suffered from for months improves during the oestrogen phase but then gets bad again when I start the norethisterone, I wonder if any ladies can shed any light here? Does progesterone make this symptom worse? The only thing I cam say is at least I get two weeks relief from that symptom each month, whereas before it was constant!

All in all, Sooby, I say stay strong, stick with it. There's every chance you'll be feeling much better in a matter of days!

x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 11:22:53 AM »

Great stuff scooby - yes the benefits can gradually build as your body adjusts and welcomes the hormones.  I wouldn't increase the dose at this stage as too much oestrogen can bring other problems - if it's already controlling most of the your symptoms then this is great - ideally one should be on the lowest dose that controls most of the symptoms.  If you generally suffer from low mood then it is best to introduce some other methods like Mindful Meditation into your day to help with this (plus Vitamin D as I mentioned before), however, with better sleep resulting in more energy this alone will lift your mood. Do expect a bit of PMT towards the end of the progesterone phase - this is very normal and should only last 2-3 days at most and is usually the same as one experienced with normal periods.
You are now on the right road so stick with this and I expect in 3-6 months you'll have your life back on track - just don't expect to feel great all the time.
DG x

Rozh

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »

Hi I'm a newbie been to drs she prescribed 1mg elleste I had hysterectomy 4 years my ovaries left in I am 47 I have had lower backache for last 3 months wrist pain vaginal dryness which is irratiable really bad sleep pattern toss and turn all night wake up in morning with bad backache which gets better as day goes on but still dull pain all the time I've had a few bouts of being quite clammy throwing duvet of in middle of night I also have had a really itchy nose am I best to take elleste asap

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »

Hi Rozh

:welcomemm:

In a word - YES!!!!!!

All your symptoms point to oestrogen levels falling due to peri-menopause - do you also have flushes and sweats or have started to feel hot at night? Have you had your symptoms checked out generally with the doc and she has said that there is nothing wrong apart from due to menopause?

Re the vaginal dryness - I would also ask the doc for Vagifem ( which is local oestrogen) as this goes straight to where it is needed - see list here: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php

Good luck with the Elleste and hope you start to feel better soon :). Do let us know how you get on!

Hurdity x

Rozh

• First Flush
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 05:18:27 PM »

Thanks for the reply hurdity dr gave me elleste for all symptoms I've got to go back in 6 weeks to see her