Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Barely bleeding on Femoston 1/10?  (Read 5010 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Barely bleeding on Femoston 1/10?
« on: January 27, 2016, 09:19:12 PM »

I've just completed one cycle of 1/10 and my withdrawal bleed arrived 3 days after finishing the combi tabs.

But the bleed was barely anything at all. Mainly some watery brownish stuff, with just a bit of fresh flow, and it only lasted barely 48 hours.

Is this normal?

Previously, my period before this one was my own natural period (no progesterone taken) and it was quite a bit heavier and lasted 4-5 days.

Briony

Re: Barely bleeding on Femoston 1/10?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:50:17 PM »

I suspect it is because of the relatively high dose of progesterone vs the low dose of estrogen? I think that's why so many people on Qlaira get a minimal bleed? Are you going to try the higher dose Femoston? How are you feeling now you're back on the estrogen only tabs?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 08:37:24 AM »

Yes, that does make sense, thanks Briony (I have PMd you, BTW).

I think the Femoston oestrogen + my own, now rising, is perhaps giving me too much = jitters and wired? Whereas the 3mg in the BCP stopped my own oestrogen, so I was experiencing a bit less than I'm getting now. And it was constant and stable. Does that make sense?

I am on day 6 of the 2/10. Have been feeling quite 'up' but jittery with it, then had a couple of days when I felt almost stoned. Really odd. The stoned feeling is how I used to feel when ovulating pre HRT.

My sleep is good, 6-7 unbroken hours, but still wake before 6am without fail. Will persevere with 2/10 until I see Annie Evans in 5 weeks. But not looking forward to the combi tabs, if last cycle is anything to go by.

Really hope you are settling on the high patches now. Though, you shouldn't have breathed a word, of course.

Milamam

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 11:18:56 AM »

Hi GRL,
When I started Femoston 2/10 , my initial 2-3 bleeds were just as you describe, brownish watery stuff, lasting a day or two. I even skipped a bleed once ( went 60 or so days without). Then gradually bleeds normalized. My gynae said that if it weren't for the Femoston, I wouldn't probably have a bleed at all during these months. I also think that it was because me estrogen was quite low when I started (69 on day 3), and it took a few months to build up in the body.

So, I wouldn't worry about the scant period.

Milamam

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 12:39:12 PM »

Thanks Milamam

I have no idea what my oesty levels are anymore. Before starting HRT last Spring my own periods had become light, and of a short duration anyway, only 2-3 days.

I have noticed that since being on 1/10 and now 2/10 my boobs have swollen up a bit, and now feel tender. This didn't happen when I was on HRT patches. Did you find this with Femoston?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 01:19:25 PM »

GRL
Tender boobs is quite normal - my gynae described this as the body "waking up" and responding to the oestrogen and this usually settles over the next few weeks or months. I suspect you are going deeper into menopause and your own oestrogen levels are dropping, therefore the HRT is now starting to take control. 
Do try not to stress and give things time to settle - don't expect things to be perfect - there will still be ups and downs and as long as you generally feel OK most of the time then that is good. DG x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »

Thanks DG. I just wonder why my boobs didn't react like this on the 50mg patches?

Could I adk ehy you think I might be now further into menopause? The reason I ask is that before Xmas I just wore a 50mg latch for just over 4 weeks, didn't bother taking any Utro, but still had a period anyway. So I took that to mean my own hormones were still pretty strong (sadly).

I would LOVE to be nearly at menopause, just so everything would calm down. Otherwise, I don't think poor HRT is up to the task.