Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen Overload!  (Read 3431 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Oestrogen Overload!
« on: January 26, 2016, 04:32:24 PM »

I have just upped from Femoston 1/10 to 2/10, and I'm on day 4 of the new 2/10 pack.

Since starting the combi tabs of 1/10 just over 2 weeks ago I have pretty wretched. Low, tearful and with nasty background anxiety. I finished the 1/10 at the end of last week and went straight onto the 2/10. Carried on feeling very low and miserable, then my withdrawal bleed arrived on Sunday and I felt especially low and anxious.

But the bleed barely lasted 36 hours and mainly just brown.stuff.

But since last night my mood suddenly soared, anxiety totally disappeared and today I feel almost stoned, I feel that serene and chilled out! Also libido has exploded out of nowhere and virtually pounced on a very surprised DH last night.

Am I just reacting to the higher oestrogen in 2/10? This is how I used to feel when I was ovulating, back before I started HRT.

Honestly I can barely drag myself off the sofa as I feel so chillaxed, and have agreed to let our DCs concoct their own dinner out of cereal and ham sandwiches. Not something I would normally allow in the week.

Lizab

Re: Oestrogen Overload!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 05:09:17 PM »

I don't know, but I'd like some of that! Is it bothersome? I can't remember, are you post-menopause? Maybe you actually are ovulating?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 05:28:11 PM »

It's not bothersome at all, just really weird. I'm still in peri, with regular periods before HRT. I can't be ovulating already as I'm only just finishing the withdrawal bleed from the 1/10. But presumably my own oestrogen will.now be rising?

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »

Hello GypsyRoseLee.

Ah the power of hormones, don't you just love em!

I think you are in peri and so you could be ovulating as jumping on men is what mother nature wants us to do at such times, also laying down  and not running about would serve a similar purpose lol!

As always only time will tell but as we like to say on the forum, enjoy it while it lasts!

Wishing you well.

K.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 06:16:04 PM »

GRL - I got this feeling when on Utrogestan - I think these less testosterone based progesterones (as the one in Femoston) can have this effect on some women!!! ENJOY!!!  DGx

Milamam

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 06:45:57 PM »

Grl,
This may be due to the extra estrogen, something you might have needed. Lets hope you will continue to feel great throughout the pack! I feel in a similar way now almost all the time, with little blips of a day or two before a period is due. Will be interesting to follow how you will get on , hope it will work for you!
Milamam

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 07:31:58 PM »

I'm only on day 4 of oestrogen only tabs! Don't know if I can handle another 10 days of this, I'll get nothing done.

Can only think it's a heady combination of the extra oestrogen mixing with my own, rising, oestrogen too.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 03:22:36 PM »

Hey GypsyRoseLee

Glad you are feeling good and long may it last :)

Hurdity x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 04:23:15 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, but I'm the opposite today. Back to feeling wired and jittery.

I'm really starting to think that HRT just isn't able to control my hormonal fluctuations enough, not nearly enough.

Briony

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 11:09:39 PM »

You describe exactly how I was when I first tried the 100 mcg patches. I'd go from top of the world to jittery mess and back within days. Given  that you were fine with 3 mg synthetic estrogen, I suspect - as the others have said - it's due to the fact that your ovulation isn't suppressed so your own hormones are over riding/ topping up the hrt ( unlike when you were on the Marvelon which inhibited your own estrogen). Luckily, I think the high patches are now having a stronger hold on me as I am far less up and down.  (Bet I'll regret typing that ..... ) x