Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Social Media question  (Read 6836 times)

babyjane

Re: Social Media question
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 08:47:05 AM »

I have a FB account with just my close family on my 'friends' list and this is how I keep in touch with my children and grandchildren and see photos of them because the days of letter writing are gone and I don't have an iphone or even a smart phone to do 'face time' and we could never get Skype to work. We just aren't interested enough in all the 21st century technology, preferring to remain part dinosaur.  My settings are as tight as Fort Knox after I was hacked a couple of years ago when I was more naive and less vigilant.

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 09:16:15 AM »

I am sorry you lost your aunt stellaj. Mine died 3 years ago and she was more of a big sister for me, as an only child.  she was such a support to me when my mother died.

Now she and my uncle were glorious dinosaurs, not even owning a TV, ever. She wrote beautiful letters and liked to receive them and if she didn't get one when she thought she should she would write and ask what was wrong.  She was also very h of h but refused to wear a hearing aid so telephone conversations with her were exhausting.   Now she is gone uncle corresponds by e mail but that is ok by me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 10:01:35 PM »

About 3 years after my Granny died I wrote her a lovely letter telling her up-2-date news - then I started to address the envelope  ::).  She would write from start to finish without punctuation etc., I wish I had kept her letters 'cos I don't have a record of her hand-writing. I wrote weekly to Himslef's parents and often to my own ………

Pages: 1 [2]