Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice needed please on Estradot,Utrogestan,'periods',HRT and anti-depressants?  (Read 6256 times)

Mishi

Hello Dazned,

I thought that was a possibility but when it happened the second time in more or less exactly the same amount of time, I wasn't so sure.  Also, after the amount I lost the 1st time, it didn't seem possible that there was that much left!  Maybe there is though...

Please excuse me if I repeat myself or just get a bit confused in general - ufortunately I can't blame all that on the menopause as I think I've always been like that.

Do you really mean you just stick the capsules inside your vagina!?!?

Mishi

Hello Hurdity,

I'm not entirely sure how close to actual menopause I am.  Before starting HRT my periods were erratic and it had probably been a few months since I'd last had one.  My periods had always been problematic, lasting a long time, heavy bleeding and lots of low moods and irritability, to say the least.  I was actually relieved that they seemed to improve somewhat, which was when I realised something was changing.

I haven't been offhand about using the Estradot without balancing it with the Utrogestan - I knew I couldn't keep on doing that long term.  It's just so awful when I take the progesterone, as it seems to be for so many people!  I will bring it up again with the GP when I see them next week.  I'm just very worried they'll stop me from taking HRT altogether and I can't face going back to how it was before, not just yet anyway!

Also, I was on 75mcg patches before but asked for the increase as I could still feel faint flushes.  I do think the 100's are possibly a bit much though, hence sore breasts?

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated.

Mishi

Hello Widget 49,

I'll try writing down the questions for the GP, I know it's difficult to remember everything that's important once you're in that surgery and with so much at stake!
It feels like it's such a struggle to get the HRT right and I'm concerned it will be the same with the anti depressants as nothing is ever straightforward.  I just sometimes wonder these days, what is actually me? Without throwing something else into the mix-up! Saying that, I think I'm more than ready to seek extra help.

Thank you for your support and words.

dazned

Yes as high up as you can get them,some ladies use an applicator which you might get with say Canasten or such like.

Clovie

Wishing you well, Mishi, and fingers crossed you get exactly what you ask for.  I agree with what you're saying about getting yourself explained whilst with the GP, up against time, so much at stake....I'm the same way.

I think I might write it all down and if I feel overcome in there I'll just give the letter to the doctor and insist they read it.
I did do this once before and it didn't go well, a horrid GP, who actually sighed and pulled a face when I passed the note over, mumbling she didn't have time to read an essay  :'( :'( :'(

An idea is maybe ask for a double appointment?

Good luck anyway, please let us know how you get on? Sending hugs and best wishes  :) x

Hurdity

Hi again Mishi

The doctor cannot take you off HRT without your consent if you are not in any danger from it! It is their duty to work with you to find the best solution for you so that you feel as well as you can. If you can feel well most of the time on 75 mcg then I would try to settle on these if you can - and then your bleeds will not be so heavy and you can take a bit less progesterone as I said before. Unfortunately it is usually a compromise for all of us - so that we can feel as best we can for as long as we can and generally that we feel better on our chosen combo of HRT than off it or on another one :)

Hurdity x

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]