Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello I am new and need some advice please!!  (Read 2164 times)

Lovely in red

Hello I am new and need some advice please!!
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:40:08 AM »

Hello, and thank you for allowing me to join. I will try and keep it to the point. After the birth of my daughter at 39 I suffered both bladder and bowel prolapse. I worked at physio for 9 months without success and had to have mesh surgery to repair bowel prolapse and had an ablation/sterilised at same time. (7 years ago) started to experience side issues such as erosion into vagina as well as heavy bleeding. Pain was attributed to women's problems but never the mesh and I then had to have a hysterectomy but they left ovaries. Later found that my uterus had prolapsed. As a side issue it has taken me 7 years to get them to acknowledge it was mesh causing pain - eventually agreed and the majority of it was removed. I now have a significant bladder prolapse and vaginal vault prolapse. Never have I been offered any support re hormones despite flushing, extreme fatigue, joint pain. I'm quite sure that I have been peri menopausal for some years but no one has discussed/acknowledged. I'm struggling with permanent nerve damage from mesh and need help on who/where to turn to next. I am trying to strengthen my pelvic floor before surgery 6 and would appreciate any advice at all. Many thanks!!

groundhog

Re: Hello I am new and need some advice please!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 12:50:38 AM »

Hello lovely in red - just wanted to welcome you to this lovely forum.
I had serious complications following hysterectomy so I can relate to how you are feeling.  My problems are different to yours but I expect the emotional toll is the same.  I'm sure someone who is better placed to relate to your problems will be along soon ( well 'tomorrow' I mean lol).  This is a great forum with so much experience and information so I hope you find some answers.
I had a perforated bowel following hysterectomy.  The fact I had a hysterectomy with ovaries removed was completely overlooked because of the seriousness of the bowel problem.  I too am unsure if some if my symptoms are down to the hysterectomy but I'm told it's unlikely owing to my age - 55.
Best wishes xx

Lovely in red

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 01:00:56 AM »

Thank you for your reply! Yes you are so right - the emotional toll has been huge and I still feel as if I'm fighting all the time. I'm constantly trying to educate myself for the better but it's knocked the stuffing out of me.
Looking forward to getting to know like minded women. It's so refreshing to be understood!!
Many thanks! Xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 04:22:46 PM »

Hi Lovely in red

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about all your problems. I'm sorry I can't help with these issues but yes you should definitely have been offered HRT since the flushes indicate you are peri-menopausal and still young to be going through this.

This should help with the joint pain and hopefully the fatigue as well as the flushes. I presume you have had a blood test to see where you are both with FSH/oestrogen levels?  - as you are young, as well as looking at thyroid, and other things - to make sure you are not deficient in anything, and see if there are other causes for your fatigue. Do get a print-out of your results when you've had a blood test. Although blood tests are unreliable for peri-menopause, as hormone levels vary so much,  in your position being young and having had a hysterectomy - it can be helpful - especially if you have two or three tests (for FSH/estradiol).

Hurdity x

Lovely in red

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 05:57:15 PM »

Thank you for your reply. I have had blood tests which have come back as 'normal'. The only concern was my blood level as I lost so much in the last surgery. This has being going on for several years now and now that I am 46 they might start to age relate!! I hope. Thank you for your reply!! X