Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Stinging with VA  (Read 2821 times)

mollie2

Stinging with VA
« on: January 25, 2016, 05:44:15 PM »

Im so fed up AGAIN 😩 Im burning and my bits feel as though they are on fire,, Ive spoken to the gp again and told her that my bits swell very bad if i use vagifem although that eases the pain a bit so Im very very reluctant to use it.. This VA is ruling my life day in day out, Will it ever go away?

Mary G

Re: Stinging with VA
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 06:18:06 PM »

mollie2, sorry that you are suffering like that, I know how that constant burning can get you down.  I don't get on with topical HRT and it tends to make things worse.  Are you on systemic HRT?

mollie2

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 06:42:55 PM »

Yes I am, So fed up of seeing the gp and nothing gets sorted, my life is a misery.

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 06:54:31 PM »

mollie, I found that the vaginal irritation went away once I went onto the Oestrogel.  I don't know what type of HRT you are on but it might be worth having a review in terms of type and dosage.  Have you tried Replens?  I found it quite good although it does puff you up a bit.

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 06:54:59 PM »

I have the same and feel the same. I have started systemic HRT 54 days ago plus the Estring , my bits look much better and was heading in the right direction but the skin down there is sooooooo sore and irritated again from nowhere I don't know what to put on it. Just smothered myself in
hydromel.

I think my HRT may need upping at my three month consult to see if that helps. Having sore/burning bits is all encompassing.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 07:01:50 PM »

Just a thoguht mollie2 - when you say that you get swelling, what is actually swelling?  It could be the oestrogen waking up the areas that need the oestrogen and could actually be a good thing??!!
If the Vagifem is giving relief then with regular use it might be doing the trick.  Do remember you need to use it initially fro 14 days and then a minimum of twice a week fro it to be effective.
Do you use a vaginal moisturiser like Sylk, Replens, Hyolafmme or Multi Gyn Actigel? - most of us who suffer with VA find we need to use one or more of these together with Vagifem to keep things comfortable - it's trial and error fixing one that works for you.
If your burning is centred around the urethra (as mine is) then drinking plenty of water avoiding caffein and fruit juices is essential - anything that is acidic - and making sure the vaginal flora is balanced by using the moisturisers. Also make sure you empty your bladder properly every time - when we are in pain in that area we tend to clench which stop the natural flow of urine and then we often retain some urine which will then cause irritation.  Hope that helps  DG x

mollie2

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 08:38:14 PM »

Any thing like vagifem or lubes make me so much worse that i cannot use , plus im not dryim just burning badly, I have had plenty of reviews with hrt and docs appt and noone is helping, i cant go private as its not an option.. Its making my life a total misery plus i have a new partner so its very hard for me..