Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Endometriosis  (Read 2429 times)

coldethyl

Endometriosis
« on: January 25, 2016, 12:35:57 PM »

I have had endometriosis practically since I started my periods aged 9- after my son was born, it seemed to settle down bar the occasional reminder and a very bad year when I hit 40. I've noticed that the last few months that  it appears to be rearing its head again- I've pain in my back passage , pressure on my cervix, and the familiar dragging pain in side along with prolonged and heavy bleeding. Just wondering if any other women have experienced a reactivation in the peri - I'd have thought that things should be improving as my oestrogen drops away but can only assume that I'm getting some big surges of the stuff amongst the hormonal fluctuations that have triggered this?

Dancinggirl

Re: Endometriosis
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 01:17:28 PM »

Hi coldethyl
I think endometriosis can sometimes reemerge due the hormone fluctuations that occur in the peri meno stage. I think a visit to the doctor so things can be checked out would be a good idea.  DG x

coldethyl

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 01:18:55 PM »

Hi coldethyl
I think endometriosis can sometimes reemerge due the hormone fluctuations that occur in the peri meno stage. I think a visit to the doctor so things can be checked out would be a good idea.  DG x

Will mention it at next appointment. Just one more thing to add to my list.

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 01:41:39 PM »

Me me me!!! Doc is sending me for colonoscopy for diverticulitis but I know its the old familiar cramps I got with the endo so yes mine has flared up since I started the hrt actually its since I had mirena coil put in and subsequently removed due to pain r u on hrt?

coldethyl

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 02:28:20 PM »

Me me me!!! Doc is sending me for colonoscopy for diverticulitis but I know its the old familiar cramps I got with the endo so yes mine has flared up since I started the hrt actually its since I had mirena coil put in and subsequently removed due to pain r u on hrt?

Not on HRT. I'm thinking that the endo is going to be a reason not to push it. Just come on so guessing that's why it's worse today.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 05:39:36 AM »

I also have been wondering about endo.... Never diagnosed, but the symptoms fit as to how I used to experience my periods in my 20s and 30s. Lots of pain and lots of bowel issues. Then in my mid 30s everything improved. But as some of you might have read the last couple of years have presented with some new problems. Do you ALWAYS have to have super heavy periods with endo?

coldethyl

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 09:50:45 AM »

I don't think that heavy periods are a necessity for endometriosis as lots of people have it with no issues at al. My SIL was found to have it during fertility investigations and her menstrual history was unremarkable. It's more that there is pain present during the cycle - bowel issues are often a good diagnostic hint - I always had painful motions at certain times of cycle along with looseness during period.