Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: In Search of Ideas.  (Read 4393 times)

Kathleen

Re: In Search of Ideas.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 06:38:40 PM »

Hello dazned and thank you for responding

I am 59 and post menopause so assumed fluctuations should be a thing of the past but they are not. I can't understand this as my ovaries have obviously atrophied and I'm getting  a steady dose from my patch so why the variation?  I do know that even worn out ovaries produce some oestrogen and a consultant explained this to a friend of mine when she experienced flushes for the first time after her ovaries were removed at age 69.

I wonder if some of us produce significant quantities of oestrogen even in post menopause so any extra can make us jittery and we need more progesterone to balance it out. Did you ever take continuous Utrogestan
 on your long cycle for example and did that help? Also do the ladies using oestrogel find they  often have to vary the dose ? Are there even some women who just take progesterone ( now there's a thought).

All of this makes me think I should either reduce the oestrogen or increase  the progesterone  or do as you are doing and stop HRT and use an AD instead.

Sorry to go on but as others have said it is so difficult to get the balance right but hey, we keep on trying don't we!

Thanks again for your reply and I hope you find success with your regime. Do let me know how it goes.

Take care.

K.

Kathleen

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 06:50:57 PM »

Hello Mary G and Taz2.

I've just seen your posts and many thanks for responding. I agree that the synthetic progesterone could be a problem and that I could try Utrogestan again.

Mary G - Like you I keep records so I'll look up how I felt when using Utrogestan.

Taz2 - I agree, sometimes the frustration of trying to feel good is the worst and certainly most time consuming symptom of the lot!

Wishing you both well.

K.

dazned

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 07:42:48 PM »

Yes I decided that I was fed up of the all consuming time spent trying to get a balance to feel well !
I dont feel 100% well off hrt but then I didn't on it latterly either,so might as well not be on it .

Sunnydays

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 09:45:21 PM »

I agree Dazned that the search for the right balance becomes all consuming and of late I feel that it's taken over my life - is this working/ shall I try that next/ what date should I try the progesterone? I've been trying for a year and just recently have felt like giving it all up! Most of us agree it's balancing the benefit against any side effects. No point in taking something if it's not making us feel better. In my naivety I thought it was just slap a patch on, same for everyone, and it makes you feel like a teenager again. I hear you all laugh! It can help with certain things, and has for me, but it doesn't get rid of normal day to day problems and trials and tribulations that can impact on how you feel on a daily basis. I think, only think, I'm coming out of a grey fog into brightness but in 2 days time that might not be the case!
Needed to offload!

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 11:17:56 PM »

I did feel well for quite a few years from aged 53 to 59. I did get pmt symptoms but as I had suffered these for all of my fertile years it wasn't a big deal. It's now that's the problem. I'll start it again and see what happens. It's been great to feel slimmer I must admit!

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]