Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: this is a very daft question  (Read 2198 times)

Sarai

this is a very daft question
« on: January 21, 2016, 04:33:32 PM »

Sorry if this sounds daft but I thought that peri meno was the worst part and after meno things got better. I just read that all the bad stuff starts when periods stop and it lasts for up to 4 years.
So I'm nearly 54, definitely had years of peri now I've gone 6 months without a period, no hot flushes at all right now, have had sessions of night sweats but they have gone too right now. I know it could all go wrong again but I was hoping in 6 months I would be home and dry not start 4 years of misery.
Have I been fooling myself.
Oh and I don't have HRT and never have.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: this is a very daft question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:35:42 PM »

::)  nothing is daft here.

The Change is as varied for individuals as there are stars in the sky.  Don't go looking for problems ……… I haven't been too bad on the whole, thank goodness. 

Sarai

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 04:45:46 PM »

That's just it Sparkle I too feel I will shoot myself if this is just the beginning, after donkey years of peri, I think I deserve this to be the finally flurry. Sorry ladies who suffer loads. I've had my share believe me but now feel my body is on the up and was dreaming that come summer I will be a new woman. Lol.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 04:53:12 PM »

Oh Sarai - I wouldn't look for problems - we are all different and if you aren't getting bad meno symptoms now then maybe you won't!!! Stay positive.  Dg x

limpy

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »

It's not a daft question at all.

For me peri went on for about 13/4 years ish, didn't know what was happening at the time. I found out I was post meno at 54. With the help of HRT and vaginal moisturiser things have been copeable. Prior to HRT, flushes and VA type symptoms were not pleasant at all. I only lasted 6 months before getting HRT, prior to that I'd been on a low dose BCP.  The main thing to remember is we are all different - you may well be fine.

Dorothy

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »

Everyone's experience seems to be different - I've heard some people say peri was the worst time and others not.  If you are starting to feel a bit better, just enjoy it!

Oh, and NO question is daft on here!