Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Switching from FenSeven Sequi to Evorel Sequi - advice needed!!!  (Read 2217 times)

Glass.half.full

Hi girls, I'm on my last patch of FenSeven Sequi which in actual fact is patch 3 of 4 (patch 4 was used when the original patch 3 fell off!!). I've taken my new prescription to the chemist and BAM!!!  They hit me with "Fem Seven Sequi isn't available until 2 Feb due to distribution difficulties."  So I call around all the chemists in my area - not one single chemist has any in stock.  In a panic I call my GP to explain that I need to start a new patch on Saturday (tomorrow) and I have none left and there's none to be had iat Any chemist.  GP suggests moving onto Evorel Sequi as these are available and I'm happy with ithis as it's the same preparation as FemSeven.  BUT. Here's my dilemma, do I put on a week 4 patch of Evorel tomorrow or do I have to wait a week before starting the new HRT as the instructions in Evorel Sequi advise???  I have to say I'm tempted to just go for it and slap a week 4 patch on so that I don't mess my cycle up but am a teensy bit worried that a leg might drop off or something! 😐. Thoughts anyone?????

Hurdity

Re: Switching from FenSeven Sequi to Evorel Sequi - advice needed!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 05:11:08 PM »

Hi there

Well they are not exactly the same as the progestogens are different - so no idea why they said that! Also one is changed twice weekly, the other weekly so each patch will probably contain a different amount of active hormones. I would switch straight to week 4 of Evorel sequi at the time you would normally change - which is presumably 2 patches of combi HRT? You just have to remember what order you are doing it in ( which is presumably why the instructions say to wait). You will then always start a new pack on week 4. No your leg won't drop off.  ;D You may well get some early bleeding or something because of the difference in progestgoens though, but if you stop completely you will also get an early bleed due to completely stopping the progestogen! Don't worry!!

Hurdity x