Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: breast tenderness  (Read 9038 times)

mandypepe

breast tenderness
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:03:57 PM »

Hi everyone, I haven't posted for a few months as I haven't really had any new symptoms. However, after this period my nipples feel sore as though I've rubbed them, and my breasts are heavy and tender. I've never had this for pmt so quite alarmed at what it may be. My first thought is could it be another perimenopausal symptom to add to my list?

Briony

Re: breast tenderness
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 08:10:28 PM »

I had this just before my period in my late thirties. It was the first hint that my other symptoms might be hormonal (they were not typical). I think it's quite common in peri menopause? x

mandypepe

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »

Hope so as it's worrying me. It's very odd. I will add it to my list and monitor it over the next few months.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 04:35:28 AM »

I thknk it's a symptom, yes. That was actually one of the first things I noticed that were different. I would get heavy sore and itchy boobs just before my period. It would always go away at the start of my period, but all of a sudden it didn't. Now it seems I can have this at any time of my cycle, or not at all....

foreign body

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 04:54:41 AM »

yes, it could be caused by progesterone. I too get itchy boobs, especially around the nipple, when i am on Utrogestan.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 05:30:14 AM »

Hi everyone, I haven't posted for a few months as I haven't really had any new symptoms. However, after this period my nipples feel sore as though I've rubbed them, and my breasts are heavy and tender. I've never had this for pmt so quite alarmed at what it may be. My first thought is could it be another perimenopausal symptom to add to my list?

I've actually had the kind of nipples you describe too. They feel "raw" and chafed, but when you look at them they look normal. But it feels like they should be red.

mandypepe

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 07:26:29 PM »

Thanks everyone for your reassuring replies. It will be interesting to see how long it continues for and if it's repeated next month.

Eve53

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 07:53:15 PM »

Hi mandypepe. I'm new to MM, so I hope I'm posting in the correct place. Maybe somebody has given you this advice before? Anyway many years ago I had to have checks on a breast lump. Luckily it turned out to be nothing to worry about. Six years after that I had the pain and tenderness you describe. Went to my dr, who checked them and of course he found the harmless lump from before. Although it was in my notes he said as he'd noticed it I was referred to breast clinic. I saw the same consultant from before, and he checked me again, but didn't even bother with needles test as he said it was the same as I'd had before. Anyway sorry for long story, but for my breast pain he told me to take 4000mg of evening primrose oil a day. 2 in morning and 2 in evening. Been doing it for six years and no pain. I really hope this helps you or others. Once again sorry for long strung out story!!  ;D Eve53 xx

Briony

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 08:03:36 PM »

Reading your posts above has reminded me of a conversation I had with my partner after I'd come home from work earlier today:

Me: Gosh I can tell my estrogen dose is too high now. My boobs have been itching so badly -  I had to stop and subtly rub them as I was pumping the car tyres at the garage just now.
Him: You should have come home and let me do it!
Me: Snigger snigger, giggle giggle
Him: No, it's OK. I totally understand. I know you dont like using the  tyre pressure gauge
(Then goes on to quote millibar levels to me).

Men!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 07:24:19 AM »

I am right at the end of my first Femoston pack. Have noticed for the last few days my boobs are definitely more swollen and painful. Will these be because of the progesterone?

Used to get swollen, painful boobs before my period was due, back before peri. But since peri started my boobs sgrank slightly and have never reacted to where I am.in my cycle again. Even when I was in patches and Utro, and then the BCP.

Seems weird that they're reacting now all of a sudden.

Chi chi

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 01:03:08 PM »

I've just posted about this, mine have been really tender for quite a while now. Haven't had this before while on hrt only while on cerazette. Thought it could be as I'd been trying yaz then qlaira but it's been 2 months since I stopped, wasn't on either of them very long either?  :-\

mandypepe

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 06:21:47 PM »

I also dislike pumping tyres up  ;D

I really do appreciate all of replies. It's continued today. I'm not on any medication for peri what so ever but I'm presuming its my hormones and perhaps an imbalance of something.