Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice please x  (Read 1687 times)

renee

Advice please x
« on: January 19, 2016, 10:18:37 AM »

I'm a bit confused as to what to do and I'm looking for some advice.

I was on Femoston 2/10 then 1/10 last year....I was showing signs of my oestrogen levels being too high as my periods had became very heavy, I had sweats, insomnia, fatigue, irritable bowel and I was anaemic. So, my doctor put me on a low dose of Evorel Sequil patch form as she thought maybe the oral form of HRT was causing the irritable bowel etc.

My symptoms became worse over past few months so I had to stop taking HRT and try the Mirena coil to help with the heavy periods....which was attempted to be fitted on 12th Dec but after trying twice, it was an unsuccessful fitting.

Now I'm without any help and have had no period since 31st October which is great but the past week I have had terrible period pain, insomnia and it feels like my temperature is high but I'm freezing....worse at night. But like a hot ****ly heat, I feel like I'm overheating.

My gynae doctor is on holiday until the end of January. I'm totally confused as to what to do now and to be honest, I'm struggling again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice please x
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 10:47:02 AM »

I bet you are struggling!   :bighug: ……… when was your thyroid function tested?  Your symptoms could be a form of 'shock' as your hormones are up and down  ::)

Is there a Pharmacist you could talk with to get an idea as to what else is on the market?  Or ring your Gyane's secretary, there may be a Locum or Registrar in charge of the Dept., it's rare that a Consultant goes away without providing cover. 

Let us know how you get on!

renee

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:15:49 AM »

Thanks for the hug CLKD....I so needed that xx

There's only one gynae doc at my doctors surgery....last time she was on holiday and I went to see another doc about my meno symptoms I was on Femoston and she hadn't even heard of it!! Basically, she told me I'd be best waiting until my usual do was back. Crazy X

Last night was the worst, it thought I was coming down with the flu, my body was so hot but I was freezing. Another night in the sofa!!

I have numerous fibroids and a thickening of the womb so no period for months could be the reason why I'm getting period like pain. But then it might not be.

I have an under active thyroid too but that was checked about 6 weeks ago and it was fine x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 06:00:32 PM »

Hi renee

How are you today?

What a pity the Mirena couldn't be fitted - could you have a local anaesthetic - not sure how it's usually done? Then you would be able to replace oestrogen and stabilise your hormones to some extent. The overheating could well be the start of what is known as "Vasomotor symptoms" of menopause ie flushes and sweats - especially as you have been without a period.

Have you thought of HRT? I can see if you have a thickened lining you would need something a bit stronger to thin it, and also because you have fibroids. Have you been offered any other treament (for the thickened lining) or follow up investigations to check how your lining is doing?

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 07:44:05 PM »

Would the fibroids make insertion of the Mirena difficult/impossible  :-\