Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: feeling crap!  (Read 2412 times)

Spangles

feeling crap!
« on: January 20, 2016, 06:51:51 AM »

Hi
Anxiety kicked in a little last night, along with feeling glum and some irrational thinking. My period is due in about 4-5 days. Does anyone else feel like this before a period?
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Taz2

Re: feeling crap!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:57:19 AM »

Yep - I don't remember a time when I didn't feel like that before a period. I just considered it normal but maybe it wasn't? I did suffer from horrible PMT though with dreadful mood swings and what I can only call tantrums for ten days before each period. These symptoms disappearing during the stage when my periods were getting further apart were the only positive thing about meno for me.

Taz x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:25:19 AM »

Yes. Yes. Yes.

During my teens and twenties I used to be hateful for the week before my period. Never had any anxiety though.

Then during my 30s I started getting depressed before my period. It got so bad that I had to arrange my social life accordingly and avoid doing anything in the week before I was due.

Then as I turned 40 my PMS just got even worse and lasted for nearly half the month.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »

Yep.  HORMONES  >:(

Even if a period wasn't due, as a teen, I would sob bitterly the night B4 a bleed  :-\ .  PMT was really bad during my late 30s.  Bugga ………..

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 09:39:27 AM »

So are you all ok now or do you still suffer? HRT doesn't make a difference to my PMT!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 03:35:17 PM »

Since my periods waned and stopped, no more PMT >phew< -

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 06:10:34 PM »

Shellb - if you are still peri-menopausal then your own hormones will still play a part even on HRT, so pmt is a part of that. I am post-menopausal and on cyclical HRT (every two months) but now just get some symptoms from taking the progesterone ( as it accumulates in the system) - but these are not severe, and then some effects also from progesterone withdrawal ( as it leaves my system when I stop) but I can cope with them all. I just feel a bit low and sometimes get a migraine - but not quite the same extreme feelings I used to get with my usual fertile pms days ie flying off the handle, edgy, stressy, irritable, headaches etc!

You shouldn't get any pms when post-menopausal and on continuous combined HRT (because your hormone levels are more or less stable and you don't get periods) - although the continous progestogens can cause permanent pms type symptoms - especially the synthetic ones!

Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 06:34:54 PM »

When I was on a progesterone containing HRT then I still had PMT symptoms which was the downside of taking it but I still felt loads better than without it. Since having a hysterectomy and switching to oestrogen only HRT I don't have any PMT symptoms. It was a relief to know that for all those years when I had blamed my monthly hormones for my rattiness, tearfulness, depression,bad decision making, loss of confidence in what I could do, constant hunger etc. I could finally prove that I WAS RIGHT!!

Taz x