Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Getting the balance right?  (Read 3156 times)

Ljp

Getting the balance right?
« on: January 19, 2016, 12:22:53 PM »

I had mirena coil fitted in December,and estring for overactive bladder, and added one pump of oestrogel.
Felt fantastic, then after a week, I started spotting, and continued to do so.

Went to see my GP beginning of January, and after discussion re spotting (she said it can take up to 6 months to settle) and discussed occasional power surge on waking, she suggested I try two pumps Oestrogel, with view to possibly removing estring eventually to see how bladder responds with just oestrogel.

I used the two pumps and within 5 days my mood completely changed, I was anxious/grumbly acidic tummy, and snappy, and felt really low. However the spotting did stop/ease off to virtually nothing, I removed estring on Friday to see if that would help mood at all.

Couldn't cope with feeling grumpy, and hubby commenting, so yesterday I dropped back to one pump  oestrogel, and felt so much better as the day went on, and again today feeling good 😊 However, I have had to pee more again, so I've reinserted estring.

Just wonder if one pump and estring is going to be my best treatment moving forward, and hope it's enough to I trol the spotting too.

Not easy trying to find the right balance is it?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Getting the balance right?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:42:31 PM »

Nope.  At a time when we need to feel 'well' medication can be Trial and Error  >:(  ::) …….

You may find that when your hormones join in you may require a hike, otherwise, give this regime a 'go'?

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 12:51:52 PM »

Thanks CLKD, I am post menopausal so not sure if my hormones will do much joining in, although even before I started HRT and with no periods for 16 mo the, I did still get cyclical symptoms

Just find it confusing,I thought if one pump of oestrogel had improved things, then two would make things even better, but didn't seem to be the case for me, the drop in mood was horrible, I did wonder if it would have improved in time, but there was a limit to how long I could bear feeling like it, especially as I teach dance fitness, and my energy and enthusiasm was gone too, felt like I was dragging myself through class.

I did question if I was beginning to react to the progestogen in the mirena, but the fact that I've felt good the past two days since reducing oestrogel to one pump, makes my think it was the extra pump of gel that didn't agree with me x

Niamh

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 01:51:03 PM »

I can really associate with this I seem to be really sensitive to the gel. I'm peri and I found like you on 3 pumps (which ive been prescribed) I was getting bad anxiety jittery insomnia and just felt awful! When I drop to 2 it takes a few days to stabilise but I then feel fine, I thought 3 would make me feel better too but seems its a fine balancing act and we are all so different. My ostrogen levels on paper look on the low side but normal so I think I run well on lowish ostrogen and im very sensitive to fluctuations of it. I'd go back to one pump just as ive found 2 seems good for me but who knows could change in a week sigh x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 03:23:05 PM »

Lisajp - you are expecting things to happen too soon.  It's still very early days for the oestrogen in the oestrogel to do it's magic.  I think I recommended early on, when you started to post on MM, that I thought you should keep the Estring at least for the first 3 months - it's going to take 3-6 months for the systemic oestrogen to wake everything up around your lady bits and bladder. As you are post meno this will take time and one pump may be enough - it's interesting that you do better on one pump - I did as well - I think some women absorb it well and it's good to be on the lowest dose anyway.
Just stick with the one pump of Oestrogel and keep the Estring in for up to 3 months - then do without the Estring and see how it goes. DG xxx

Ljp

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 05:32:58 PM »

Thank you all, and  Dancinggirl, I only removed the estring as I had found since upping the oestrogel to two pumps, I felt uncomfortably moist down below, to the point it felt like I was bleeding but wasn't.

I'm definitely happier on one pump, plus estring for time being, will go back to GP to discuss nearer the time that my estring expires, which is Early March.