Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello, newbie with a question on HRT and GP's..  (Read 6336 times)

Artmouse

Re: Hello, newbie with a question on HRT and GP's..
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »

Hi there,

The GP did the blood pressure readings.  I'm a little concerned as it was slightly too high the last time I went before Xmas.  Glad I'm having this 24 hour monitoring thing done.  The idea is to establish whether it's just what the GP calls a 'surgery reading' or a genuinely high BP.  Anyone ever had this?

Apparently they put some sort of tape gadget on you for 24 hours and then take the readings for the whole time.  Home monitor sounds fine but I need to find out if I have a problem first.  I'm starting to feel old! :(

Artmouse

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »

The GP has given me Elleste duet 1mg to try.  Idea is to see if it helps my insomnia and mood problems.  Fingers crossed!  Feel quite nervous about the side effects but I'm only trying it for 3 months, if no improvements will stop it.

dahliagirl

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 12:58:40 PM »

Hope it goes well.

My BP was up last time - it is never up.  I have to go and get it done again and I can feel it rising......... :-\

Artmouse

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 01:14:10 PM »

Are you on HRT or are they just checking it anyway?  Mine turned out to be fine overall but it spikes up quite high sometimes during the day, GP put it down to stress and anxiety.  As you say, just the thought of getting it done can make it rise!

dazned

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »

Hi I started off on elleste duet 1mg and it worked a treat for me for 7/8 years ,here's hoping you get the same results. ;)

ruthae

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 03:31:30 PM »

Hello

I was interested to read about the lack of hot flushes, as I have had same experience - 'I only have hot flushes at night, and they are intense and dry not sweating (though i don't sweat much even when I exercise) 2 or 3 a night. 

Other more 'rare' physical symptoms, if anyone has experienced them (it's good to share, right?) - are extreme sensitivity to noise (not good in an open plan office...), piles - I did get these when ovulating when my periods started to get irregular (though my GP would not believe the correlation) - but they are much worse and continuous; tingling and numbness in arms and hands, carpel tunnel symptoms, (and the more usual: back acne, headaches, bone aches, joints ache, sore eyes, dizzyness, palpitations, itchy skin)  I've also experienced stuttering and not being able to process data. But none of these come close the the horrible mental symptoms of anxiety and depression.   There is one silver lining - weight loss (Y) :gym:   

What did Churchill say (on the tv last night) - 'old age is not for cowards'

Rx

Artmouse

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 03:54:38 PM »

Hi

Weight loss?  I'll take that one thanks!!  It does seem a bit odd not to get hot flushes but you never know, they still might come... I've had the not able to process things at odd times, seems to be a cycle thing..

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 03:58:10 PM »

ruthae - have you lost the weight without trying or changing anything eg diet and exercise. If it is a substantial amount I would get this checked out at the docs as it can be an indicator of certain conditions. Also have you had your thyroid checked through blood tests? I get the noise sensitivity when I have a migraine - it's horrible - even a knife on a plate is jarring.

Hurdity  x

ruthae

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 04:14:18 PM »

Hi

I was 10 stone about 18 mths ago.  Am now 9 stone 4 lbs - I started doing a different type of yoga which is slightly more energetic, so i thought it was that at first.  No signficant changes to my diet. I did mention to Dr but put it down to all the recent imbalances.  Yes have had thyroid checked when I had bloods for HRT and all ok.  I will mention it again.

In the office I kept saying to my colleague - can you hear that, isn't it annoying you (like someone drumming their feet, or sighing) - poor chap keeps saying, no - not til you mentioned it!  And I did actually shout across the office to tell someone to shut up the other evening when I was having a really bad day... ::)

Rx
Pages: 1 [2]