Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: change of HRT  (Read 1810 times)

LW44

change of HRT
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:02:29 AM »

Hi Ladies,

just a quick question and wondering if anyone can help ? i have just swopped my hrt from elleste duet 1mg (but only took the oestrogen only white tablets due to intolerance to progestorone)  i took the oestrogen every day , my consultant (who i see privately through work) has prescribed climaval 1mg.  will i notice any different side effects or is it the same as the elleste 1mg white tablets ? thank you x

Hurdity

Re: change of HRT
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 05:09:26 PM »

There is a slight difference between the two - Climaval contains Estradiol valerate which is then metabolised in the body to estradiol. I have read mixed reports about whether 1 mg estradiol valerate is equivalent to 1 mg estradiol ( as hemihydrate - ie as in Elleste). One paper I read said it provided less.

What are you doing about progestogens and where are you in menopause? You will need this at some point unless your consultant thinks your own progesterone is sufficient - perhaps if you are having very regular periods and not properly at peri-menopause yet?

Hurdity x

LW44

Re: change of HRT
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:26:51 PM »

Thanks Hurdity :-)  hope im getting enough :-/.   consultant thinks at the moment my own progestrone is sufficient.. i am more or less regular now on hrt give or take a week.. but he monitoring me x