Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Confused Over Different Versions of Same HRT  (Read 1680 times)

happysappy1

Confused Over Different Versions of Same HRT
« on: January 17, 2016, 07:45:42 PM »

Is the combined element of Elleste Duet 2mg, that is, the estrogen and progesterone part, the exact same as the hrt in Elleste Duet Conti 2mg?

happysappy1

Re: Confused Over Different Versions of Same HRT
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 08:03:35 PM »

The reason I am asking this is that I have recently changed from the sequi Elleste Duet to the Conti version and have definitely noticed a difference in the effects from the progesterone, although the progesterone and amount is the same in the 2 different versions?

dazned

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 08:07:41 PM »

If you look them up online they both contain the same progesterone northesterone,excuse spelling ! So as far as I can see they are.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 10:13:10 PM »

Hi and welcome happysappy! - Taking any progesterone continuously can bring more side effects - this is why many women choose to stick with the sequi version. If the monthly bleed isn't too much of a nuisance then I'd stick with this.  Alternatively, if you did get some nasty side effects when taking the progesterone phase on Elleste Duet sequentially then try another HRT type - Femoston 2/10 is often better tolerated as the progesterone in this one is kinder - try the sequi one first though.   DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 05:10:35 PM »

:welcomemm: from me too happysappy1

Hurdity x