Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Feeling so flat and low on progesterone part of Femoston 1/10.  (Read 2161 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Feeling so flat and low on progesterone part of Femoston 1/10.
« on: January 15, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »

Have been on Femoston 1/10 for nearly 3 weeks. First few days I still felt very down, but my period had also started, and I always feel very low before and during a bleed.

But on day 6 my mood really lifted and I felt good for the rest of the oestrogen only tabs. My libido even reappeared.

But as soon as I started on the oestrogen/progesterone tabs my mood really dropped and I have been struggling since. Don't know whether to stick on a 25 patch until I see my GP next Thursday? Or whether to tough it out? She has said she will increase me to 2/10 if I want.

Just don't want another week or this misery to be honest. Have a couple of events next week that I should be really looking forward to but can't. Fed up.

Mary G

Re: Feeling so flat and low on progesterone part of Femoston 1/10.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:06:49 PM »

When I was on Angeliq, I ended up topping up with a patch permanently because it was so ineffectual.  It did help slightly and just enough to keep the silent migraines away but it was nothing to write home about. 

You could try using the patch just to see if it makes any difference and then ask for the higher dose of Femoston.  You probably know what I am going to say though, I wouldn't recommend oral HRT at all based on my own bad experience of it.  If the higher dose of Femoston doesn't work out, why not try the Oestrogel?  It is more effective with symptom control and much more flexible because you can very easily adjust your dose which you cannot do easily with other forms of HRT.

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Feeling so flat and low on progesterone part of Femoston 1/10.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 03:40:32 PM »

Thanks MaryG.

I think I will try adding a patch then ask for 2/10 next week. My GP is reluctant to prescribe oestrogel as knows little about it.

But I intend to discuss it Annie Evans as an option I very much want to try.