Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: femseven conti patches dosage question  (Read 4358 times)

newbeginnings

femseven conti patches dosage question
« on: January 14, 2016, 06:08:35 PM »

does anyone know if the femseven patch dosage is low? i've had a terrible couple of days. Its only the second week on them I was on elleste duo for 4 weeks previously. Can I put 2 patches on?!

Taz2

Re: femseven conti patches dosage question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:02:22 PM »

It's not advisable to put two patches on newbeginnings. I think the FemSeven is a 50 patch which is the usual level. Why have you changed from Elleste.  It can take a couple of months before you know whether a new HRT is working properly. Also, FemSeven patches are difficult to stick sometimes. Are you sure that you are getting the full dose of hormone - i.e. is the whole patch stuck down properly?

Taz x  :hug:

newbeginnings

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 08:39:52 AM »

I'm 55 and 3 years post menopause and the gp put me initially on the oestrogen followed by 12 days progesterone. I had a heavy bleed and period pain and questioned it, another gp put me on the combined patches instead.
I checked the patch last night when you said, and decided to take it off and replace it. It wasn't stuck that well and also I realised it was on scar tissue, and the leaflet said avoid scar tissue.
I do feel a bit better this morning. I'm amazed that the hrt has had such an effect on my mood and anxiety generally over the last 6 weeks even though it feels a bit chaotic as I've had 2 different types.
I really wanted to have the eostrogen gel and utrogest but neither of the gps I saw had heard of it or were willing to prescribe it.
I am thinking I will email Dr Currie about it and then hopefully have a reply I can print off and take to my next appointment - but not sure whether trying a third hrt type in the third month is a good idea.

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 01:36:35 PM »

newbeginnings, I didn't find the patches to be effective at all, they never stuck very well and left an horrid mark when I took them off.  I didn't absorb them very well either and felt 100 times better as soon as I switched to the gel. 

I know others on here are happy with the patches but if you are not, I would suggest you insist on changing to the gel.  If you GP refuses to prescribe it, why not insist on speaking to the practice manager and quote the new NICE guidelines. 

If all else fails, buy it online or in Spain where it is cheaper.  I realise that you should not have to do this but it is your life and your time being wasted and you can't be expected to wait around indefinitely for them to prescribe the right medication.  The fact that your doctor has never heard of Oestrogel is truly frightening.