Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Extreme thirst after eating salty stuff  (Read 2563 times)

getting_old

Extreme thirst after eating salty stuff
« on: January 13, 2016, 10:20:50 PM »

Not sure if this is the right area, and I've always had the problem so it's not menopause related, however last night I ate a chicken burger stuffed with cheese and bacon, and despite scraping half of the stuffing out more than 24 hours later I'm still incredibly thirsty  :'(
I've tried cleaning my teeth, mouthwash, ice cream, yogurt in addition to my breakfast cereal, lunchtime sandwich, chicken with veg for dinner plus drinking enough liquid to float a cruise liner!
It's a similar story if I eat something with a couple of bacon bits sprinkled on top (although the above "fixes" usually help!) and even after the odd bacon butty.
I just wondered if anyone else had the same problem or could suggest some alternative solutions.

BrightLight

Re: Extreme thirst after eating salty stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:43:13 PM »

Hi - I am not sure if it is menopause related as such, but I have noticed in the past year or so, that salty things taste really really salty.  I don't get the thirst as such, but just can't tolerate salt.  I have read that taste buds change over the years. I am not sure why you would continue to feel really thirsty - maybe someone else can help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Extreme thirst after eating salty stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 12:38:22 PM »

Don't eat processed burgers?  Cheese is salty.  Bacon is salty  :-\.  DH makes ours from scratch ……..  ;)

Having said that, often I tell Himself that food tastes 'off' or 'funny' and he tells me that it's hormones again  ::).  Even chocolate doesn't taste the same as years ago  ::)