Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: flushes better but bowels playing up  (Read 1748 times)

gilaray

flushes better but bowels playing up
« on: January 12, 2016, 06:36:29 PM »

it seems that after what seems like 100 years the flushes are easing to be replaced by a new symptom - dodgy bowels - SO much wind, gurgling and looseness (no blood) anyone elses bowels playing up? I have never ever suffered with this in my life

Taz2

Re: flushes better but bowels playing up
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:52:04 PM »

I can be to do with meno gilaray but is also linked to anxiety which can cause IBS. Maybe you have become intolerant to something in your diet? Have you changed medications lately or started eating differently. Also, and this is important, do you have to empty your bowels during the night i.e. does it wake you from sleep?

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 07:17:26 PM »

Hello gilaray.

I think a lively digestive system is definitely part of the menopause and many of us experience bowel changes as a result of fluctuating hormones.

I agree with Taz2  that gastroenterologists only worry if the need to use the loo wakes you at night.

I hope things settle for you soon and if this is the first time you've experienced  hormonally dodgy bowels you can count yourself lucky!

Take care.

K.

gilaray

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 08:03:48 PM »

dont go during the night. My son has Crohns and the poor thing is often woken up during the night