Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Headache with patch change.  (Read 2215 times)

tallbird74

Headache with patch change.
« on: January 13, 2016, 08:39:12 PM »

I had a complete hysterectomy  years ago and for the first year i was brilliant on 75mg Evorel Patch. Then last April with every patch change i get an horrific headache that wont go with any painkillers. I then get a headache on the last day of the patch. I am too young to stop HRT and need it. Any suggestions welcome. I dont know what changed.

Hurdity

Re: Headache with patch change.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 02:38:50 PM »

Hi tallbird74

:welcomemm:

By complete hysterectomy do you mean you had your ovaries removed as well? It sounds like your oestrogen levels are dipping which can lead to headaches, but also the sudden increase when you put on a new patch can also give headaches. How horrible for you. If you've had ovaries removed as well then you may well benefit from testosterone as well - but you would have symptoms of low T probably if you needed this eg low libido and response, headaches, fatigue, lethargy, muscle pain on exercise.

Here is some info:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/testosterone.php
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/aftermeno.php (scroll down for discussion on T replacement)

I find that patch oestrogen gives me a very stable dose but I am only on 50 mcg so never notice the change - I would suggest you need a higher dose - eg 100 mg to boost your levels, or try gel because some women get on better with this and achieve more stable levels.

How old are you btw - I am assuming 41 or 42 judging by your user name! If so and ovaries were removed, then your body should easily accommodate a higher dose. How long ago was your op?

Hurdity x

tallbird74

Re: Headache with patch change.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 08:16:15 PM »

Hi, yes its all gone i am 42. I get migranes if i up the patch above 75mgs and the gel i sweat out. I am giving up the will......Op was 2 years ago and all next 14 months was dream easy. i take Testosterone everyday.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:18:29 PM by tallbird74 »