Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help with emailing Dr Currie please  (Read 3947 times)

flutterby

Help with emailing Dr Currie please
« on: January 11, 2016, 04:21:38 PM »

I am a bit of a technophobe.
Anyway as my remaining HRT is running out and I need to get some advice before going back to my GP. I finally sorted out how to use paypal, had my email ready, so went on website. I had forgotten my password >:(. I tried contact anyway but said wasn't available. From this I assumed it was because I wasn't logged in as a member. Within an hour I had been sent details, logged on but now when I go to contact tab, the option to email Dr Currie has disappeared. I have searched site but cannot find it. Help please Flutterbyx

Hurdity

Re: Help with emailing Dr Currie please
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 04:38:12 PM »

Yes I've looked and it's gone. Last time someone raised a query I saw that it had disappeared from the home page but the option was on "contact" so I thought it had been moved but it seems to have gone.

Maybe Emma can help? I'll post on the forum guide too.

Hurdity x

flutterby

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:41:56 PM »

Hi Hurdity just had email from Emma saying that it has been removed as Dr Currie is too busy to answer emails at the moment. Flutterbyx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 05:00:06 PM »

Fair enough! Thanks. I did post in the other bit anyway so I'll leave it there.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 06:48:23 PM »

At last you've had a reply from Emma - it's part of the Support that could be important though  :-\

Sunnydays

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 07:37:44 PM »

Flutterby, if you're keen to get some help in Dr Curries absence then the women's health concern provide a similar service - email or by telephone. They are the patient part of the British Menopause Society. I have used them twice and they've been very helpful.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 08:28:15 PM »

:thankyou:

Jaki T

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 10:32:14 PM »

So what do we do if we need to contact Dr Currie about this site?  I have tried in vain for months and it seems nobody else can help  >:(

bramble

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 01:06:51 AM »

I emailed dr Currie about two months ago and got a quick response so she hasn't been away that long. Our dr Currie is a busy woman and we can't expect us to be her priority.

Bramble

flutterby

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 09:52:21 AM »

Sorry I didn't follow up on this thread. I got an email after a couple of days saying I could send my question to which Dr Currie replied within 48 hours. I have had 2 questions answered and I noticed that both were sent after 10pm! Our Dr Currie is certainly a very busy lady and much appreciated :thankyou:
Flutterbyx

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »

I went through the service in September to email Dr Currie and a reply came she wasn't responding until after September, I thought then how busy she must be

It's nice to know she's there even if we have to wait

X

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 10:27:54 AM »

I also contacted her a couple of years ago for a personal consultation and got a reply within a couple of days - which was very helpful to take to my doctor :)

Just to clarify as I'm not sure whether this is what Jaki T is asking  - that the e-mail consultation service with Dr Currie is for personal consultation about HRT and the menopause for which you pay through the facility discussed.

If you want to ask anything about the website itself then you contact the webmaster. Go to the contact page and you will see the information there:

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/contact.php

"TO CONTACT THE WEBMASTER:

About forum registration problems
About any problems with this site, broken links etc
If there are any topics you think should be covered on this website
If you'd like to recommend a book for our reading list
If you'd like to review a book

email the [email protected]."

eg I recently found a broken link and contacted the webmaster and it was fixed....  in the past I have also informed them about items of HRT that have been withdrawn so they could update that section.

The information or suggestions will be passed to Dr Currie to consider - but as the others have said she is extremely busy as a practising gynaecologist and Chair of the BMS amongst I imagine many associated roles, so I am not sure whether there is provision for those making suggestions/contact in this way to get a reply from her - but they will be passed to her by the webmaster.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

Jaki T

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 05:24:55 PM »

Thanks all for clarification!

Yes I have tried the webmaster before, Hurdity, but didn't get any reply.  I think that was back in May but I will try again and hopefully I will get a reply.

Many thanks

:)

Jaki T

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »

Alas, the webmaster link email doesn't work.  :(

My email came back undelivered which means there's nobody we can contact about the site....I had tried before, to be honest, and it wasn't answered....

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 05:03:38 PM »

Oh dear! It's probably something to do with your e-mail as it worked for me the other day. Sometimes I get problems with sending e-mails to some people - to do with the servers/spam filters apparently. I didn't say you would necessarily get an answer - I don't always get replies - but at least it will be passed on and considered. I doubt the webmaster would reply to stuff about the content as their job is to manage the tech side of things and would forward any messages. Dr Currie won't have time to engage in conversation about stuff but from what it says on the contact page, the team will appreciate eg book suggestions, reviews and suggestions about topics to be covered on the site.

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2