Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: RIP David Bowie  (Read 7309 times)

Joyce

Re: RIP David Bowie
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 10:50:33 PM »

Crikey didn't realise Brian was still around. I remember his radio progs from way back.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 12:46:17 PM »

He was very ill at around aged 70 but has kept going ……...

Judith57

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 07:33:00 PM »

Penny farthing, I keep watching the video of Bowie and Jagger singing Dancing in the Street over and over again as well. Also been watching David on stage at Live Aid in 1985. That was such a scorching hot day - we were just up the road at Wembley Arena watching Dire Straits while the Live Aid concert was playing at Wembley Stadium. I remember I was wearing a tiny vest top and little pink shorts - those were such happy days, the tube was absolutely packed. Just like Iman posted on Twitter yesterday 'Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory'. We are so lucky with our modern technology to be able to find these videos and watch them whenever we want. It was refreshing however to see all the crowd at Live Aid enjoying themselves with not a phone in sight!

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 06:19:47 PM »

BBC Radio 6 ?  I think are having a programme on Sunday at 1.00 p.m.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 09:06:11 PM »

Penny farthing, I keep watching the video of Bowie and Jagger singing Dancing in the Street over and over again as well. Also been watching David on stage at Live Aid in 1985. That was such a scorching hot day - we were just up the road at Wembley Arena watching Dire Straits while the Live Aid concert was playing at Wembley Stadium. I remember I was wearing a tiny vest top and little pink shorts - those were such happy days, the tube was absolutely packed. Just like Iman posted on Twitter yesterday 'Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory'. We are so lucky with our modern technology to be able to find these videos and watch them whenever we want. It was refreshing however to see all the crowd at Live Aid enjoying themselves with not a phone in sight!

So do I Judith.  I've always loved it.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 07:20:59 PM »

Dale Griffin, drummer for rock group Mott The Hoople, has died aged 67.

"All the Young Dudes"
Pages: 1 [2]