Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Headaches ?  (Read 3084 times)

dazned

Headaches ?
« on: January 08, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »

I have headaches quite frequently since stopping hrt about 6weeks ago after not having any for 5/6 years it can't be a coincidence ! I heard alot get headaches when starting hrt but not the reverse. Anyone know of any reasons why this should be the case or will it settle.
Years before I took hrt I would always get headaches just prior to my bleed ceasing immediately on start of bleed ,any thoughts ladies ?  :-\

limpy

Re: Headaches ?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 10:37:52 AM »

Gosh - Like you, I'd heard of headaches starting with HRT but not the the way around.
I have no experience of this and can only offer sympathy.  Hopefully it will settle down, have the headaches changed during the 6 weeks you stopped HRT?

dazned

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 03:59:04 PM »

Thanks for relpy Limpy it's a bit of bummer and normal paracetamol doesn't seem to shift it either .

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 04:56:43 PM »

Do consider other causes too. I went through a period of having a constant headache, worse when I got up in the morning. Painkillers didn't touch it. GP checked me out for anything serious, but was baffled. Eventually I went to have my eyes tested, even though I had had an eye test not long before.  It turned out that my eyesight had deteriorated and I needed new glasses. It was eye strain, even though the symptoms didn't seem to indicate that.

dazned

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 05:33:32 PM »

Just had my eyes checked middle of nov.. juju
They definitely only started shortly after stopping hrt and are just like I used to get cyclical.

limpy

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 06:10:14 PM »

Perhaps it's worth trying a different pain killer.  A 200mg Ibuprofen taken with a paracetamol can be effective in dealing with headaches, neither help taken by themselves but taken together they work.

dazned

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 09:01:32 PM »

Limpy will try what you suggest  ;)

Sparkle yes was hoping it was that it was system just readjusting and that in time they will cease,well so frequently.
Also I dont like this time of year having the heating on always makes me feel stuffy so that don't help either !

limpy

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 09:32:47 PM »

Just a thought, could it be sinus headaches?  A decongestant could help to unblock things, not sure of the name but Sudafed? make some that combine paracetamol or Ibuprofen with a decongestant.