Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Confused again!  (Read 1597 times)

Spangles

Confused again!
« on: January 08, 2016, 07:41:30 AM »

Hi ladies

Can anyone advise me please?
I take utrogestan for 12 days then have a 15 day break.
Just lately my bleed has come around 2 days before I have completed the utrogestan cycle, I always finish the 12 day course though.
Do I count 15 days from the bleed or 15 days from the last utrogestan before I start again?
Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
shellb
xXx

Dancinggirl

Re: Confused again!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 09:04:00 AM »

Shellb - this can often happen with Utrogestan - You are right to complete the full 12 days.  Just continue with oestrogen everyday with 12 days of Utro and 15 days without. You will bleed when you need to bleed.  If the bleeding becomes more erratic or problematic then go back to the doctor. Dg x

Galadriel

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 09:35:58 AM »

Hi Shelb,
It's not just Utrogestan that this happens with - I get it with MPA (Provera). I think it is my own cycle overriding the HRT. As DG says, just keep taking Utro as normal but see your GP if it doesn't settle over the next few cycles.

Galadriel x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 05:46:10 PM »

I presume you mean 16 days Shellb as the cycle is meant to be 28 days. If you count Day 1 as the day you take Utrogestan then Utro (+ oestrogen) is Day 1-12 and oestrogen only Days 13 - 28 = 16 days. It probably doesn't matter exaclty but if you keep on doing shorter cycles you may well get out of sync although peri is characterised by being out of sync :)

Hurdity x

Spangles

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 07:42:41 AM »

Thank you ladies xXx