Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Would Full HRT be an option for Atrophy  (Read 3585 times)

Midnight Shadow

Would Full HRT be an option for Atrophy
« on: January 31, 2016, 02:05:19 PM »

I am using Vagifem for my Atrophy which is beginning to work very slowly.Have been using it now for two months. I am not burning in the vagina area but the tissues all around on the outer area are stinging. Does this mean the Vagifem is healing that area?  I am wondering if full HRT would be an option for several months to get rid of this wretched thing. I really find the estriol cream burns. I seem to have three good days then back to square one. Can't wait to retire now so I can hopefully have a stress free life. Now trying Aloe Vera Gel. It is very soothing. I do appreciate your replies.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Would Full HRT be an option for Atrophy
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 02:25:29 PM »

There are several options.  Treatment for atrophy has to be 'local' to get to the area which has dried.  I use KY jelly if my outer lips are sore.

limpy

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:27 PM »

For me, full HRT isn't quite enough to deal with VA by itself, some local oestrogen cream fully sorts things out.
It's also mentioned in the treatments section above.

"Local estrogen can be used for vaginal and bladder symptoms, when systemic treatment is not desired or appropriate. For some women, vaginal estrogen may be required along with systemic HRT"
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php

vickypk

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 04:54:26 PM »

Hello
I had VA for a few years very badly.  I used vagifem and estrogen creams all the time, but they never helped.  I was in so much pain with burning all the time, it got me down so much. 
I have been using a HRT patch for a few months and everything is fine now.  Makes such a big difference to how you are feeling every day.
Best wishes

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 06:16:40 PM »

Yes the same for me - I had really bad Va, Vagifem alone wasn't enough , I am now on systematic HRT and am currently finding it really helps .
 Xx Ss

Peterspots

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 06:46:55 PM »

So hoping it helps when the bladder pressure and pain. Been back on hrt for only a week. Had continued with Vagifem. Getting me down too 

Dorothy

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 08:58:36 PM »

I need both to make mine behave - I sometimes forget the cream if I'm feeling ok, but within a couple of days my vagina is 'reminding' me that the tablets aren't enough!

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 10:02:33 PM »

Thanks for all your replies. Went to the doctors again today and saw a lovely lady doctor. She said besides the Atrophy, I also have an infection. She has prescribed Daktacort cream which hopefully will stop the stinging, burning and irritating tissues.  Have to use it 3 times a day for 10 days. It does sting at first, but hopefully that will subside. Told her about this site and she thought it was wonderful.