Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Constantly Bleeding am I in trouble?  (Read 2793 times)

jazzcj

Constantly Bleeding am I in trouble?
« on: January 07, 2016, 12:06:21 AM »

Just finishing my second :( pack of Elleste Duet Conti and I've bled virtually every day of this last month. At first it was extremely heavy and since it has been mostly black, dark reddish/brown and light.  Should I be worried guys? I am  :'(

I'm 52 and Defo menopausal.  Hadn't had a bleed for well over a year before I started on hrt  :'( :(

Goosieloosie

Re: Constantly Bleeding am I in trouble?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 12:40:55 AM »

Hi there, I wouldn't worry I've been told on here that it's very normal to havebleeding on conti regime's. I started on evorel conti patches 3 months ago  after no periods for 14 months & I began bleeding for the first time after 2 weeks & since then it has been off & on but mostly on!! I got so fed up that I went back to my doctor's yesterday & I've changed onto Femseven conti patches last night.....at lunchtime today guess what? Yes I'm bleeding again, it's not much now though but a few weeks ago it was so heavy with clots but this is all perfectly normal I believe on conti types. I've just turned 54 by the way. Hope it settles for us both, I  know how worrying & annoying it is  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 08:02:01 AM »

It can take up to six months to settle down jazz although it could resolve within a month or two. It should warn of this in the information leaflet? If you've lost it you can read it here under Possible Side Effects https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/20967

I went back onto sequi HRT as I got fed up with constant bleeding.

Taz x  :hug:

Ljp

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 08:06:24 AM »

I've been on oestrogel with mirena coil for four weeks, and had mostly light spotting( a few days were heavier) for three of those four weeks.
It's frustrating isn't it? Especially when, like you, I'd gone 14 months with no periods prior to starting the HRT.

I question when or if it's going to stop?

jazzcj

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 12:08:06 PM »

Thank you for your replies everyone. It is reassuring to hear it is normal albeit a nuisance.  I've also developed insomnia since going on hrt.  Beginning to wonder if I should persist with it or not.  Some things have improved but the other side effects are causing problems.  Hope you all see improvements!!! Thanks Jan xxx