Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sons, you gotta love 'em  (Read 6423 times)

Joyce

Sons, you gotta love 'em
« on: January 05, 2016, 02:24:47 PM »

Just had telephone conversation with son. Well when I say conversation, I mean I spoke & he answered. He was away over the New Year with his fiancé & I was interested to know how it had gone. Phone call went something like this?

How's things? Fine!
What are you up to? Nothing much.
Have you sorted out cost you've been quoted at hotel where we're staying after wedding? Nope

You get my drift. There were so many pregnant pauses at his end, I thought we'd been cut off.

Girls are so much easier to have a conversation with. I can talk for ages with our daughter, but our son its more like pulling teeth. Of course you may know otherwise.  :)

dahliagirl

Re: Sons, you gotta love 'em
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 02:52:23 PM »

Much the same here, only he doesn't go anywhere to ask about, either  :(  and the fiancé is no longer with him (took us 2 years to find out why, not that I want to be nosy, but it is handy to know something, even if it is only that they are no longer together - we managed to guess that eventually).

If I didn't have the girls, I would think that there was something terribly wrong, with me!

littleminnie

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 04:58:46 PM »

Is he like that all the time CG, mine is either like that or talks your socks down.

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 05:16:51 PM »

I have one as you have described and one where he conducts an excellent 2 way conversation. They could not be more different in a lot of ways.  It makes life interesting.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 05:21:17 PM »

Do they talk to each other 'normally' Babyjane?

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 05:22:44 PM »

One does more talking and the other does more listening

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 06:00:04 PM »

I've got three sons and one of them chats away wonderfully and the other two don't waste words and we can often go weeks without actually speaking to each other. We communicate mostly via Facebook private messages as it's easier and I have a written record  ;D.  If the chatty one of mine had been a girl I would have thought that all sons were non talkative and all girls were chatty!

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 06:28:09 PM »

Son can speak non-stop to his dad, especially about sport!!! He talks to his fiancé, just as well! But always been like this with me. Maybe I bore him!  ::) If he wants no-nonsense advice, he'll speak with me rather than his dad though.

Ju Ju

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 09:25:25 PM »

Yep! My son talks with DH about cars, motorbikes and things I have no knowledge or interest in. But when it comes to the emotional side of things and my GD, then he talks to me. When he lived 10 miles away, we didn't see much of him, but now he lives in the USA, we talk regularly. He says family means so much more now.

If my DD phones, both DH and I put aside an hour!

buggz_71

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 09:38:46 PM »

I only have one son, an only child
He is a boy of few words mostly grunts at me or makes fun of me  :)
He will speak or have a conversation with me just depends if he thinks it is something important I should know about.
He talks to his Dad all the time about lots of different things but he was always a "daddy's boy"
I know it has nothing to do with our relationship just maybe the fact I am his mother!! And I can be a bit nosy  :) but it is because I care maybe that is why I ask too many questions ...... ;)