Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femseven Conti patches  (Read 1852 times)

scoobylyn

Femseven Conti patches
« on: January 02, 2016, 11:19:28 PM »

I've been on the femseven patches now for 2 months and I can honestly say I haven't noticed any difference.  The doctor prescribed only the patches and took me off the vagifem as he said they weren't needed if being on the patches. 

My symptoms are mainly vaginal atrophy and although diagnosed with fibromyalgia it has definitely got worse over the past year along with the VA.  I did wonder if there could be a hormonal link. 

I've made an appt to go back and see him on the 8th January.  He isn't experienced in hrt matters. What other options are open for me hrt wise.  I'm not having periods anymore now, although did have a bleed a week after starting the patches, but nothing since. 

I really feel I'm banging my head against a wall.  One gp told me I had to just get on with the vaginal problems as nothing could be done!

Nina

Re: Femseven Conti patches
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 01:37:39 AM »

Oh that's annoying. I use vagifem 3 x week and also on hrt. God its like trying to have sex through a stocking without  :o

If you don't use it all the time it comes back. Bit like my sit ups and six <eight> pack.

scoobylyn

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 04:32:16 AM »

I agree I need to use it or lose it. But it's hard when it hurts so much.  It's definitely deteriorated stopping the vagifem.  Hopefully the doctor will let me try both together

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »

Scoobylyn

You need to tell the doctor that this is what you want! Some women do need both and this is recognised by the professionals:

VAGINAL TREATMENTS

Local estrogen can be used for vaginal and bladder symptoms, when systemic treatment is not desired or appropriate. For some women, vaginal estrogen may be required along with systemic HRT.

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php

The new NICE Guidelines which doctors should refer to also state this (p6):

Urogenital atrophy

1.4.9 Offer vaginal oestrogen to women with urogenital atrophy (including those on systemic HRT) and continue treatment for as long as needed to relieve symptoms.

http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23/resources/menopause-diagnosis-and-management-1837330217413

Hope this helps

Hurdity x