Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Elleste or Zumenon?  (Read 10508 times)

Catspelle

Elleste or Zumenon?
« on: January 01, 2016, 12:10:16 PM »

Hello there I am new to the site so finding my way around. My name is Joanne I had a TAH/BSO on 14/12 after multiple giant fibroids were diagnosed I am awaiting histology in case there was something lurking underneath. I'm recovering pretty well despite a shaky start I suspect like many! Before my surgery I was advised by my consultant I should go on HRT due to my age I am 45 just. I discussed this with my GP pre surgery and he suggested Ellesete solo so I went away and did my research and checked reviews. I went back yesterday discussed it again and was again told and prescribed so I thought Elleste Solo 1mg. Last night I opened the pack to read the medicine information to find I have been given something called Zumenon which appears to be a different brand. The surgery tell me the prescription just said Estrodial and not Elleste. I'm quite upset about this as Zumenon appears to be a cheaper version of Elleste. I don't understand why Elleste was discussed several times only for me to be given done thing else I feel I should have been given what the GP told me. Taking HRT was a big decision for me and its upset me. Can anyone advise or has anyone had a similar experience? I don't want to take the Zumenon.
Sorry for the rant but I'm still feeling a bit emotional at this time. My surgical menopause symptoms are kicking in big time especially the hot flashes so I really wanted to start the HRT.
Thank you so much x

dazned

Re: Elleste or Zumenon?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 01:47:41 PM »

Hi and  :welcomemm:

Dont worry they are just different trade names,they both are estradiol 1mg so no difference. Hope you start to pick up soon.

Catspelle

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 02:19:19 PM »

Hi dazned
Thanks for the reply  :) :)

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 10:42:57 AM »

Hi Catspelle

:welcomemm: from me too.

Doctors often prescribe a generic product rather than a specfic brand - and then the pharmacists/dispensary will select whichever brand is available if more than one. As dazned there is no difference in estradiol formulaton and dose - just minor differences in the tablet composition ( ie the other products in the tablet) which shouldn't make any difference at all. I hope you feel better soon. Eventually you may want to increase the dose but do this gradually.

Hurdity x :)

Catspelle

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 03:40:32 PM »

Hi Hurdity thanks got the reply. I'm still going to discuss with GP but I expect him to say much the same thing as you! I was just a bit surprised x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 08:38:36 PM »

I think I replied on your other thread  :-\

Taz x