Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Grandchildren moments  (Read 7233 times)

Ju Ju

Grandchildren moments
« on: January 02, 2016, 05:46:25 PM »

My DD seems to have been instilling manners in our 3 year grandson. He poked himself in the eye and said, " Oh sorry!"  :)

Dorothy

Re: Grandchildren moments
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:51:20 PM »

:rofl:

I love the way they talk to themselves at that age.

My Goddaughter woke the house at an unearthly hour on her 2nd birthday singing 'Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me..." at the top of her voice!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 07:27:00 PM »

;D

purplenanny

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 10:50:56 PM »

We visited the natural history museum in London with our 4 Grandsons and while we were looking at the dinosaurs the eldest (10) told the little ones that he had slept in the museum overnight with the dinosaurs on a group visit with his school. One of the 5 year olds turned to him and said 'please could you show us your bedroom'.  It was the cutest moment.
PN x x

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »

We have 3 coming for the afternoon and tea today.  I will keep my ears open and report back later.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 04:33:12 PM »

Dinosaurs or grandchildren  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 06:24:24 PM »

according to the grandchildren we are probably the dinosaurs

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 07:41:40 PM »

:lol:

Ju Ju

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 08:17:45 PM »

My DD commissioned me to buy some trousers for one her friends little daughter, who plays with GS. She told me I could spend up to £15 and if I didn't need to spend that much, she would buy a toy. Up pipes tractor obsessed 3 yr old GS, " Buy a PINK tractor!" Very thoughtful, as she loves pink........!

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 09:21:35 PM »

Up pipes tractor obsessed 3 yr old GS, " Buy a PINK tractor!" Very thoughtful, as she loves pink........!

I like his reasoning - keeps them both happy that way!

Ju Ju

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »

We had GS here today. I've got a cold, so was sneezing, so GS came up to me and stroked my arm and said, " Poor Gram. I'll look after you." How can you resist a child like that?

Later on there was loud crying. As GS is a child who will fall over, get up and say " I'm alright!", you respond very quickly when he cries. I couldn't find him at first and started imagining all kinds of calamities. I found him on his stool in front of the loo and yes, he had had a messy accident. He hadn't got there in time, but this is something to celebrate! He cared! A lot! Toilet training has been a long, long journey for this 3 year old, as he simply didn't care before. So I'm  :spin: . Looking after him will be easier.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 05:29:19 PM »

Bless.  Was he worried about getting in trouble for any 'mess' …….. some children don't seem to mind full pants until the contents get cold  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 06:17:14 PM »

No idea! He was inconsolable for ages. We kept praising him for trying to get to the loo. Once cleaned up he was back to his happy bouncy self. DD has been very patient and laid back, despite all the cleaning up. He hasn't had an accident for nearly a month, but last time he wasn't bothered. Couldn't understand why Mummy was taking him home from the park!