Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Muscle issues?  (Read 12551 times)

Re: Muscle issues?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 08:28:57 AM »

Have you tried keeping a food diary.  That's what I've done but for another problem, not with my bowels.  It showed up sugar, chillies, wheat and dairy as being the main culprits.

Not quite. I've been sort of aware of what I've eaten, but of course that's not the same thing as actually writing it down. I should start the new year doing this, I suppose :) !

Louisa

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 08:34:02 AM »

Have you tried keeping a food diary.  That's what I've done but for another problem, not with my bowels.  It showed up sugar, chillies, wheat and dairy as being the main culprits.

Not quite. I've been sort of aware of what I've eaten, but of course that's not the same thing as actually writing it down. I should start the new year doing this, I suppose :) !

It will be worth it, then you will have actual answers 20032003, I can't tolerate sugar in fruit either but I can cope with a few blueberries each day.  Sugar is usually hidden, think cakes, biscuits and yes even baked beans - read labels too!

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 08:40:08 AM »

It will be worth it, then you will have actual answers 20032003, I can't tolerate sugar in fruit either but I can cope with a few blueberries each day.  Sugar is usually hidden, think cakes, biscuits and yes even baked beans - read labels too!

Just started.... ;) Took a piece of paper and noted coffee and a cheese sandwich. Thanks for nudging me :) !

Louisa

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »

Just started.... ;) Took a piece of paper and noted coffee and a cheese sandwich. Thanks for nudging me :) !

Ok you may miss some of your fave foods but it's a damn sight better than being in pain/ill etc

Louisa

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 09:17:06 AM »

You're so right Louisa, I know if I had kept a food diary over the past few months or longer it would have been full of carbs and sugar from biscuits, cakes, bread, cereals and not nearly enough water!  Until its in black and white I for one kid myself that my diet is really healthy even though I also eat veg, its the balance that's all wrong for me.  Thank you for nudge too.

S x

We owe it to ourselves.  We have enough problems dealing with this world!  We can at least make one thing right, or try too - by looking after ourselves, minimising problems.  Ok we may not solve them but can help relieve them. And that is worth it weight in gold. :)

Louisa

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 09:40:26 AM »

You have had coffee and a cheese sandwich so you have already had wheat, dairy, maybe sugar in your coffee and caffeine.  Do you see where i'm coming from.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 09:46:48 AM »

You have had coffee and a cheese sandwich so you have already had wheat, dairy, maybe sugar in your coffee and caffeine.  Do you see where i'm coming from.

Yep.... No sugar, though. But, yes, everything else....

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 05:56:33 PM »

I start to think that my stomach can't handle garlic and/or spices... I have almost stopped eating these things, but on New Year's I made two recepies containing both. Diarreah next morning and then an "off" feeling all day yesterday. Today my appetite was back and I ate this deliscious meat at my parents'. Lots of garlic flavor. Three hours later - burning loose stools and some gas. I googled garlic and diarreah and got tons of hits, and even lots of indications that it's an intolerance that often worsens with age. Could definitely be a coincidence, but there might be something to it, I guess?

Louisa

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 06:09:46 PM »

I start to think that my stomach can't handle garlic and/or spices... I have almost stopped eating these things, but on New Year's I made two recepies containing both. Diarreah next morning and then an "off" feeling all day yesterday. Today my appetite was back and I ate this deliscious meat at my parents'. Lots of garlic flavor. Three hours later - burning loose stools and some gas. I googled garlic and diarreah and got tons of hits, and even lots of indications that it's an intolerance that often worsens with age. Could definitely be a coincidence, but there might be something to it, I guess?

It's not coincidence, it's one of the foods your body can't tolerate!  One thing on your list not to have already.  Listen to your body 20032003 please. :clapping:

Louisa

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 08:17:29 PM »

Well then you both have the first item of foods to avoid on your list. :)

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 09:04:49 AM »

So far so good.... Was up letting out the horses at 5:30 and had a probiotic yoghurt drink at that tlme. Went back to bed and got up again at 9. Normal bm at that time, I would say. Then I had breakfast (coffee and sandwich) and another bm that was looser. But that's been pretty normal for me for quite some time at least. When I start eating, my stomach starts moving. Sounds normal?

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 04:47:55 PM »

Knock on wood. So far a really good day. No more BMs and tummy feels really good. Great appetite too :) .

Has anyone tried chia seeds? If so, what did you think? I sort of accidentally tried some in bread a while ago, and my stomach was doing great at that time. The bread is always out when I come to the store, so I'm actually thinking about baking some bread with chia seeds in it. Alternatively trying chia pudding, which seems very popular these days.

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2016, 06:46:59 PM »

Wish I could say the same 20032003, I've had horrible tummy pains since Saturday night, not sure if its bowel or ovary related, all I know is it hurts!!  Possibly bowel as I do have diverticulosis - and that's with me being good! 

I've heard of chia seeds but not tried them.

S x

That sounds just horrible... :(  Hope that you feel better soon!

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 07:21:57 AM »

Sometimes I feel a little embarrased. What do I have? No longer the "perfect poo". I'm in no serious pain (once the rectal pain has dimished). I have good appetite, seldom nauseus, etc. Some of you suffer from great pains - like sparkle - and I really feel kind of bad for complaining and worrying so much about my own situation...

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 06:28:44 PM »

20032003 don't ever apologise for worrying about your symptoms, that seems to be a big part of peri.  I've always had digestive issues, its just that peri has made them worse!  Your fears are real and that's what matters.

Big hug!

S x

Thank you :) ! That almost made me cry... In a good way :) !
Pages: 1 [2] 3