Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cutting out sweet things  (Read 12213 times)

clio

Re: Cutting out sweet things
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 05:36:35 AM »

I tried ww but didnt suit me love food too much I prefer sw you can have a curly wurly everyday if you wanted too  ;D

Clio

libby1

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 12:42:48 PM »

Well I didn't give in!! My OH ate the profiteroles and I had pineapple and blueberries  :ange:

Only the first day though, not sure when the craving will hit  ???

Libby
x

libby1

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »

Well done Sparkle  ;)

I tried hot water with lemon but then read that it erodes the enamel on your teeth so went back to coffee (no sugar) or fizzy water.

Libby
x

Dana

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 08:29:33 PM »

I tried ww but didnt suit me love food too much I prefer sw you can have a curly wurly everyday if you wanted too  ;D

Clio

You can still love food and do WW. Nothing is off limits, as long as you allow for it, and that's pretty much what you have to do with any diet.

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 09:48:51 AM »

I feel so very much better without refined sugar and chocolate. I feel really sluggish and toxic at the moment as my will power is not great at times and I am also an emotional eater so suffering the effects of not really coping well over christmas.

I hope to get back on an even keel again soon.

clio

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 05:28:16 AM »

1st week and ive lost 3lbs  :)

Clio

Cassie

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 07:57:57 AM »

Ive gone from sweet wine to dry white....does that count :)

Cassie

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 07:32:49 PM »

I dont think folks realise how bad diet drinks are for one, they are full of chemicals and preservatives. We have tried to cut back on sugar, OH uses Xylitol or Stevia in his coffee but has now said it leaves a bitter taste so prefers a little bit of honey. I am not a sweet toothed person at all but do enjoy my tea with half a spoon of sugar, been craving lemon meringue pudding all night though..... :)

libby1

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 09:32:03 PM »

Still haven't eaten anything sweet  :D

Had the occasional craving but I've made some oatcakes so I eat one of those instead or some fruit. I do feel better for it but I'd love to hit the chocolate cupboard and stuff my face  ;D

Libby
x

libby1

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 10:52:53 AM »

Hi Sparkle

I can't do that, if I have one biscuit, I have half the packet  ;D No restraint at all! It's hard because the cupboard is full of chocolate and tins of biscuits from Christmas but I daren't have even one chocolate button   :-X

It's strange because I didn't have any cravings for the first week or so but they've definitely kicked in now  :(

Libby
x

coldethyl

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 10:59:01 AM »

I'm diabetic and low carb to a help that and the best craving killer is to up your fat intake. If you read round , there's a sea change in dietary thinking that is gaining momentum as it is becoming evident that it is our carb intake and not fat that dictates cardiovascular health. All I can say is that since my diagnosis two years ago I've lost 5st and improved my lipid profile so it is worth tweaking your diet to include less carbs in general and more good fats like avocado, olive oil and oily fish. Even cheese and butter has gone back on my menu after years of abstinence in which I ate all the right things like wholemeal bread and brown rice and just got fatter and fatter.

babyjane

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 12:56:46 PM »

Refined sugar is toxic to me, a sort of poison. It causes physical and cognitive symptoms that simply are not there when I cut it out of my daily diet. Chocolate also has something in it that my system reacts very strongly to.  It is just not worth putting these things into my system.

Cassie

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 05:52:37 PM »

I am like that with salty crisps, I cannot just have one mouthful its the whole packet I feel like such a junkie and have terrible guilt trips after..... >:(

Dulciana

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 10:20:24 PM »

Twiglets for me . What was that old chocolate ad - "You can't just have one Mingle"?  Well, I "can't just have one" Twiglet.  I'm a complete Twiglet piglet, of the first order............ ???

Dorothy

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 10:27:41 PM »

Maltesers are my downfall.  There is no such thing as eating part of the packet!
Pages: 1 [2] 3