Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: HAPPY CHRISTMAS 2015!!  (Read 13100 times)

clio

Re: HAPPY CHRISTMAS 2015!!
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 05:42:01 AM »

We had some sad news at christmas, my familey on my dads side has grown quite big now however we never see each and some ive not even met however one of my cousins grandson died.  He was diagnosed with a brain tumor when he was 5, he died at 8pm christmas eve aged just 7. Really sad, I had met him once at my Aunts 8oth birthday, he was unwell then and was only going to stay a short time but he liked the fuss and wanted to stay longer, he was a lovely little boy.

Clio

Louisa

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 08:03:06 AM »

:hug: that is very very sad new Clio, my heart goes out to the whole family.

Hurdity

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 10:54:39 AM »

It is so very sad to lose loved ones around Christmas - and indeed at any time, so my thoughts are with anyone who is recently bereaved. My own dear father spent his last Christmas in hospital and died a couple of weeks later, some years ago and this always brings back memories.......

However this is meant to be a Happy Christmas thread, and it would be a pity to end on a sad note so.... like Taz we always leave everything up for the full 12 days - which is why we put up decorations and the tree as late as possible - as said earlier Christmas does not start on Dec 1st!!!

Today is the 9th day....on the ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me, NINE LADIES DANCING eight maids a milking seven swans a swimming six geese a laying five gold rings......

Although I don't call myself a lady, (a woman instead) - let's dance!?

Hurdity x :)

Taz2

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 01:16:14 PM »

Good idea! I spent the last week at school practising the Twelve Days of Christmas dance. I collapsed into giggles each time we got to Six Geese a Laying. So funny. It's a brilliant workout though!!

Have just found this which is very similar to the school version except you get faster and faster each time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZip-1nrU

Taz x
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:18:45 PM by Taz2 »

Hurdity

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 04:08:28 PM »

That youtube was funny but the words to the last 4 verses were in a different order to the version I learnt as a child which was...12 drummers, 11 pipers, 10 lords, 9 ladies so of course I had to look it up and it seems the version I learnt was the one published by some guy in early 1900's with the tune as we know it - and presumably taught in schools, but many of the much earlier versions had the verses in the order of the American Youtube ie 12 lords, 11 ladies, 10  pipers, 9 drummers so not sure why he changed it! The oral folk tradition maybe?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Days_of_Christmas_%28song%29

Oh well there's no way I can re-learn it now as it's etched in my memory. So perhaps we can dance again in a couple of days if that's your version ;D

What do you sing in Scotland?

Hurdity x :)

clio

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 04:27:08 PM »

My favourite 12 days of christmas version is one with dogs in it.  I dont know how to do the the link thing but if you go on to you tube and type in dogs sings 12 days of christmas it should come up.  Very very funny, i love dogs.

Clio

Ju Ju

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2016, 04:41:14 PM »

I loved Christmas when I was was an early years teacher. Lovely memories of all the little girls dressed as angels and the little boys dressed as shepherds lined up excitedly to go into the hall for the nativity play. Oh gosh that's scary! Those little children from my first year of teaching will be 45..........!

This Christmas was lovely as my GS is 3 and full of Christmas joy and excitement.
Pages: 1 2 [3]