Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Stuck in the Mud!  (Read 7932 times)

Taz2

Stuck in the Mud!
« on: December 30, 2015, 12:04:13 PM »

Hi ladies. Yesterday was a busy day with the youngest son being taken back to Uni and middle son and disabled girlfriend being taken back to their house. Husband drew the short straw this time although it's not too bad being a round trip of around 160 miles. My son wanted to set off earlyish as he was meeting up with his girlfriend at a specific time. All was going well and then my husband decided to take a quick trip up to the allotment - a couple of miles away - to check on his strawberry patch(?). Son was a little put out by this grumbling away about wanting to get started etc. Fifteen minutes later I get a text "Know anyone with a tractor?"  He'd only gone and got his car totally stuck in the mud! Luckily all of my hours spent in the local pub can pay off with the wide variety of people you get to know. One quick phone call and everything swung into action. One friend arrived in his landcruiser with some chains. He was really confident and they all had a laugh as the chains were being hooked up "How can you be so stupid - you definitely need this type of vehicle" etc. Then the Landcruiser got stuck - lol. He then phoned one of his workers "It's kind of worse than I thought bring the tractor over". The tractor was six miles away but eventually arrived and hauled first the Landcruiser and then my husbands once pristine Jag out of the mud and up to the road leaving massive ruts which wont please the local Town Councillors. Much back slapping and "we did it's" followed. Back here for bacon sarnies and coffee - the tractor went home though much to my disappointment. Our son was by then rolling his eyes at the stupidity of the older generation.

The strawberry patch was doing well apparently!

Taz x  ;D

Dorothy

Re: Stuck in the Mud!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »

The strawberry patch was doing well apparently!

That's a relief!  ;D  What was your husband expecting it to have done over Christmas that it needed such urgent inspection?

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 12:37:27 PM »

:rofl:

Now my GS would have loved to have watched all that! When he's a bit hyper, we find videos of tractors, usually ones stuck in the mud!

Jenna

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »

Ju Ju - has your grandson seen this episode of Countryfile with all the tractors (about 34 mins in):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06sphxz/countryfile-the-peaks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 01:13:25 PM »

Legally the person who deposited the mud on the Public Highway has to clean it off  >:( otherwise he/she could be sued should someone be killed by wet mud ………….. my Dad always cleaned out the tropical fish tank 10 mins. before C.mas lunch was served  >:( - it's about being in control  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 01:31:49 PM »

We wouldn't go anywhere round here CLKD if we all had to clear up the mud dropped from our tyres each time we went out! The whole place would be at a standstill. He's confining himself to the garden today  ;D

Dorothy - I'm not sure about the strawberry patch! I'm not a gardener and although strawberries from the allotment are nice he couldn't tell the difference last year when I gave him some from the supermarket and he thought they were the ones he'd grown. Everyone else in the family was in on the joke and it was funny to hear him going on about how much tastier they were than the ones from Sainsburys. Shouldn't laugh really but I do!!

Taz x  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 02:24:54 PM »

Don't like strawberries ……………  :P

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 03:04:38 PM »

;D sounds like fun Taz - hope he got to meet his girlfriend OK! But strawberries in December??!! Ours (v small patch in garden) look all brown and dead and we don't look at them until they start to grow again properly!

Hurdity x

Ju Ju

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 03:11:31 PM »

Ju Ju - has your grandson seen this episode of Countryfile with all the tractors (about 34 mins in):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06sphxz/countryfile-the-peaks

Thank you Jenna! He will love that!

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 04:10:05 PM »

;D sounds like fun Taz - hope he got to meet his girlfriend OK! But strawberries in December??!! Ours (v small patch in garden) look all brown and dead and we don't look at them until they start to grow again properly!

Hurdity x

Apparently he was going to inspect how much weeding needed doing due to the mild weather where everything is growing that shouldn't be!

Taz x  ;)