Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Is this all just normal?!?  (Read 2189 times)

Niamh

Is this all just normal?!?
« on: December 31, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »

Hi so I'm close to 3 months in on HRT under Prof Studd for escalating Pmt and probably peri symptoms (im 41). Im on his usual prescription of ostrogel, utro 100mg for 7 days and testim gel ( 1 tube in 8 days). I see him on 14th thank God as it's been such a roller coaster and I don't know if it's been better or worse than before I started!! I struggled with the utro as im progesterone intolerant but this month plan to use vaginally. Coming off it was hideous andI felt just at my worst for a good week or so just had a good week then bam last few nights my sleep has gone awful again and im getting heart palps around lunchtime feeling jittery anxious etc I really don't know what is going on is this ostrogen too high or too low?? I reduced to 2 pumps from 3 a couple of weeks ago as I felt so anxious and jittery/racy i was sure my ostrogen was getting too high but I'm starting to feel the same again on 2! So basically im finding it confusing and disappointing I thought I'd feel better than this and more consistently so I have a lot of questions for Prof Studd! I just wondered if all this sounds normal and is par for the course and things just may settle down or will have to perhaps say it's not for me...it seems im on the best possible hrt and under someone excellent there must be a solution he told me it was cureable. Sorry for rambling! Or are my expectations too high I expect some blips but it seems to swing from one week to the next wildly!

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Is this all just normal?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 03:35:37 PM »

So sorry you're still suffering Niamh.

From what I've read, it's a daily dose of 4 pumps which surpress ovulation. I think it says this on Studd's website and the NAPs site (association for PMS). If you want to stop the fluctuations then you need to stop the ovulation.

But I do think that HRT is a bit like trying to pin the tail on the donkey, especially when your psychological symptoms are severe.

But on Studd's website, reading his case studies, all the women on there used high dose HRT and saw a huge improvement by the end if the very first cycle of HRT.

Niamh

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 03:41:32 PM »

I better go back to 3 pumps then! He might even put me up to 4 it's so confusing!

Niamh

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 07:58:21 AM »

How was your night GRL? I hope you enjoyed it just a bit....

I used 3 pumps yesterday and it made my insomnia really bad just could not sleep 😳im sticking with 2 until I see Prof Studd have to use utro from tonight for 7 days urgh

Tbh if he doesn't have some answers and I don't see improvements in the next couple of months im going to stop and see what my body is doing.... Does scare me a bit as my pmt was horrid but only every 6 weeks as my cycle was long and irregular so actually my skeep is worse now.... My mood was horrific before though and that is better but I still think I'd like to reassess if he can't get me sleeping better :(

I hope you feel better really soon this is all so tough life is hard enough Mother Nature is very cruel to some of us x