Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Positive health benefit to the menopause?  (Read 1942 times)

Dorothy

Positive health benefit to the menopause?
« on: January 10, 2016, 09:18:28 PM »

I developed psoriasis in 1999 following a car accident.  It's never gone away, and by about 2005, I had hardly any 'normal' skin on my legs below the knee, plus lots of patches on my arms and body.  Nothing helped it until I started getting menopausal symptoms 5 years ago - there was a slight improvement at the same time.  2.5 years ago, my menopausal symptoms got much worse, and at the same time, my psoriasis dramatically improved.  Now I only have a few small patches instead of being covered.  Can't think of anything else that has changed in my life, so it seems menopause is a cure (albeit a drastic one!) for psoriasis!

Dancinggirl

Re: Positive health benefit to the menopause?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 10:18:07 PM »

Very interesting Dorothy.  My gynae told me about a case he dealt with where a young women got severe asthma attacks (requiring hospitalisation) around the time of her periods - when he shut down her hormones the asthma improved.  He said there are still many mysteries around the action of hormones on our bodies.
I think many women will report problems with their skin at certain times of their cycles and I have recently developed an itchy rash along my chaw line since taking Utrogestan continuously.
Pleased to hear your meno has proved positive. DG x

Dorothy

Re: Positive health benefit to the menopause?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 10:20:28 PM »

Pleased to hear your meno has proved positive. DG x

On balance, I think I'd rather have the psoriasis than the early meno, but I'm very glad I don't have to have both at the same time!