Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Itching...Do i take antibiotics?  (Read 5582 times)

robotwars

Itching...Do i take antibiotics?
« on: December 27, 2015, 09:51:06 PM »

Hi! I am really suffering with itching and soreness down below, I'm on Femseven sequi. I telephoned the doctors on Christmas eve and they have given me a prescription of nitrofurantoin. But im not convinced it is cystitis! it feels very uncomfortable and itches like crazy, I have tried cannistan cream and yes ointment. I have no discharge but I do feel like I want to spend a penny all the time but no burning pain when I go. I do have a heavy feeling in the bottom of my stomach but I still haven't come on, I start back on the progesterone patches on Thursday! I'm not sure what to do, I do have a cannistan pessary treatment but not sure if that is the right treatment or not, im not sure whether to take the antibiotics or not, we are going out to London for the day tomorrow and im dreading it feeling like this......last time I took antibiotics I got an upset stomach so not sure whether to take it or not! Aaghhhhh - sorry for rambling but this has been spoiling my Christmas this year!!! I also still have my Tennis Elbow and that's been playing up as well, feel like coming back as a man! LOL

Louisa

Re: Itching...Do i take antibiotics?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:20:24 AM »

If I were you robotwars I would use the Canestan asap
I often say to my husband "If there is such a thing as reincarnation,please do not opt for being female"  :D

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:37:24 PM by Louisa »

limpy

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 11:22:33 AM »

Robotwars - Was a urine sample tested? Given you rang the Drs I assume not.
It might be better to wait until you can see a GP so they can do a dip test to see if there is an infection before starting the antibs. Personally, I would try the Canesten pessary and cream for the outer area.
It would probably help to use a lubricant to keep the area moist as well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 12:50:54 PM »

DO NOT USE ABs that have been prescribed without a urine sample has been sent to a Lab., we are using too many so that bugs are becoming immune and are taking over 'normal' illnesses.

Drink boiled, cooled water with bicarb of soda added.  Take Paracetamol.  Itchyness is usaully dryness which treatment for vaginal atrophy may help.

You need to get your lower regions looked at!

Louisa

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 01:40:43 PM »

DO NOT USE ABs that have been prescribed without a urine sample has been sent to a Lab., we are using too many so that bugs are becoming immune and are taking over 'normal' illnesses.

Drink boiled, cooled water with bicarb of soda added.  Take Paracetamol.  Itchyness is usaully dryness which treatment for vaginal atrophy may help.

You need to get your lower regions looked at!

Good point CLKD, I've amended my earlier post.

robotwars

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 02:44:03 PM »

Thanks for your replies, when I phoned doctors I tried to get an appointment and cant get in till 3rd week of jan, which is why she gave me the antibiotics but I don't like taking them unless I really need them! I have tried the pessary and cream plus taken pain killers, so hoping this will help a bit! back in sept/oct I told the doctor about problems down below and all they keep prescribing is HRT and saying I need to give it a chance to work, but I'm now on my 3rd month of fem seven, previous to this 3 months of evorel sequi patches and then 2 different pills before this so if they were going to help surely they would of helped by now!!! LOL - off to London now so fingers crossed I can last long enough between toilet breaks LOL!!! as I just feel like I need to keep spending a penny, I'm a lot better when sitting still! LOL

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »

Sounds like atrophy for which generalised HRT won't help until you get some soothing treatment down there.

London - for any particular reason?

pepperminty

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 08:13:38 PM »

Hi RW,

I had a done below problem with burning to do with the meno and needed to check if it was thrush as I didn't want to use canasten if it wasn't . I couldn't get in to see my GP so I went to the Sexual health clinic at the hospital. They don't just deal with sexual diseases, and they saw me straight away , did a swob and I got the test back while I was there in 15 mins. they will also do a urine sample etc. I was nervous because of where it was , but it is all very discrete and they only test you for what you want testing for.

At least you will know and also they have a look and can say if there is any soreness or dermatitis.

In the mean time natural yogurt is soothing.

Pepperminty xx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 08:28:17 PM »

'LIVE' yoghurt - had forgotten that ! cooling, soothing ;-)

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 09:18:28 PM »

Thanks for your replies, when I phoned doctors I tried to get an appointment and cant get in till 3rd week of jan, which is why she gave me the antibiotics but I don't like taking them unless I really need them! I have tried the pessary and cream plus taken pain killers, so hoping this will help a bit! back in sept/oct I told the doctor about problems down below and all they keep prescribing is HRT and saying I need to give it a chance to work, but I'm now on my 3rd month of fem seven, previous to this 3 months of evorel sequi patches and then 2 different pills before this so if they were going to help surely they would of helped by now!!! LOL - off to London now so fingers crossed I can last long enough between toilet breaks LOL!!! as I just feel like I need to keep spending a penny, I'm a lot better when sitting still! LOL

So how did you get the AB's without an appointment? My GP will not give ANY advance appointments.  You have to ring/turn up at 8am on the day and may then have to return later in the day to see the doctor. Hope you find an answer.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 10:04:32 PM »

We can book ahead on-line ……….

robotwars

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 09:35:15 PM »

went to Hyde park with family CKLD, I have started taking the antibiotics this morning, as it started hurting when I pee and had lower stomach and back pain, now feel really sickly and stomach feels rumbly!!!!! I think this is the antibiotics, hoping to feel better tomorrow morning, going to go to bed with a hot water bottle. Next time I go to the doctors I will ask about something for VA and see what he says.......

limpy

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 10:41:20 AM »

We can book ahead on-line ……….

At our surgery the book ahead online appointment tend to be for two weeks in the future.
Available slots for the current week tend to be with the less popular doctors. Appointments for the following day are not available online - it's the ringing at 8am on the day then

robotwars

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 11:17:04 AM »

I telephoned my Doctors and they arranged for a Nurse to call me, they had no appointments, she talked through my symptoms and then arranged some antibiotics and the next think i know i had to collect them from the pharmacy!
I telephoned yesterday and the first available appointment is 27th Jan!!!!!!!!! My Doctors are a nightmare,

Katejo

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 04:10:58 PM »

I telephoned my Doctors and they arranged for a Nurse to call me, they had no appointments, she talked through my symptoms and then arranged some antibiotics and the next think i know i had to collect them from the pharmacy!
I telephoned yesterday and the first available appointment is 27th Jan!!!!!!!!! My Doctors are a nightmare,

Just getting an appointment is so hard now. I was at the reception today. I wasn't allowed to turn up tomorrow to queue for an appt. because my reason isn't urgent but the only advance appointments are all booked up. They only do it a week at a time. I just wanted to be able to book to see a doctor whom I had seen before within the next 2 weeks but it was impossible. I have to go and see them next week when they 'might' have a slot.  :'(